Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
Flipkart has defined the e-Commerce industry in India and will continue its leadership with its core value of putting “customer first”. Flipkart is made of people who love being themselves and their independence of thoughts pave way for disruptive innovation on tech, biz and ops fronts.
Flipsters’ area of work includes advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability, elastic storage, predictive analytics, fraud detection, inventory planning, supply chain, and large scale applications that enrich the user experience, to name a few. Working with the market leader, we mostly solve challenges-never-seen-before. The environment makes receptive people with open mind and a drive of ownership to succeed and create impact. The excitement gets further fuelled with the impact of flipsters’ work felt and complimented by friends and family in India. At Flipkart we miss no opportunity to celebrate our accomplishments. While we work hard, we party harder which helps us work hard again.
- Architects at Flipkart are responsible for driving Technology & Good Practices in Engineering in their respective teams. We are a rapidly growing & constantly improving organization. We seek very high levels of ownership in all individuals, especially roles like this – ownership of systems in your team and their impact on the entire Flipkart eco-system. Going beyond your role & contributing to make the organization & business better is an expectation. Actively participate in development along with team members for as much as 75% of their time, creating modules & systems that can then be treated as a working reflection of the best practices.
- Participating in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- Being responsible for Scaling, Performance & Quality for the team.
- Setting up best practices to help the team achieve the above and constantly thinking about improving the technology use are your responsibilities. Driving the adoption of these best practices around coding, design, quality, performance in your team.
- Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create.
- Implementation of long term technology vision for your team.
- Responsible for the architecture of your product; ensuring it is aligned to the requirements and the charter.
- Active participant in technology forums & represent Flipkart in external forums.
- Creating architectures & designs for new solutions around existing and new problem spaces at Flipkart.
- Drive technology & tool choices for your team & be responsible for them.
Nice to Have:
- Worked in a small setup (either a start-up or a small & reasonably independent team / development centre )
- Comfortable working in fuzzy environments – where boundaries aren’t clearly defined and Proven experience as a leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
- Be the technical mentor to your team.
- Quick & Excellent Problem Solving skills for complex & large scale problems.
- Technical Breadth – Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies.
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction.
- Solid coding skills with ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercise & improve coding standards across large code bases.
- Good knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures. Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions.
- Good understanding & experience of high performance web scale & real-time response systems.
- Experience & exposure to a variety of large scale persistent systems including large databases.
- Exposure to complete product development cycles – From inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements,re-architectures - the Architects should have seen it all. Should have been part of scalable product development cycles with either large data handling or large transaction processing exposure for 3+ years.
- Excellent Mentoring skills – Be the technical mentor to your team.
- Must be comfortable working in fuzzy environments – where boundaries aren’t clearly defined.
- B Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent required.
Apart from all the general benefits of best in industry compensation, equity, healthcare etc., Flipkart prides in calling out the big hand for you to be
Great Work, Great People and Great environment. We call ourselves an incubator for engineers where you get all the optimal conditions to do and experience your best.