Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Technology Division Security Data Scientist
- Do you enjoy solving challenging puzzles?
- Protecting critical networks from cyber-attacks?
- Designing and integrating stateof-the-art technical solutions?
A position as a Security Analyst on Goldman Sachs’ Threat Management Center lets you do all this and more:
- Apply statistical methodology, machine learning, and Big Data analytics for
network modelling, anomaly detection, forensics, and risk management.
- Responsible for the creation of innovative methodologies for extracting key parameters from big data coming from various sensors.
- Utilize expertise in machine learning, statistical data analytics, and predictive analytics to help implement analytics tied to cyber security and hunting methodologies and applications Design, develop, test and deliver complex analytics in a range of programming environments on large data sets.
- Apply latest technologies in machine learning, data mining and predictive analytics to correlate the big datasets and events, and derive dynamic
- Generate highly accurate and near real-time security alerts based on the
- Collaborate with a global team to continually operate and improve a world-class
cyber program by driving the uplift of sensory tools, detection tuning, and access to data sources to increase detection effectiveness by applying data analytics.
- Experience in statistics, visual analytics, machine learning algorithms, data mining, text mining, customer analytics, optimization and risk analytics.
- Experience in setting up Hadoop Clusters, and working on large
data sets in a distributed computing environment.
- Experience with programming languages including Java, Python, R,& SQL.
- Convey complicated technical analysis to senior management via investigation synopses, graphical depictions of attacks, and comprehensive presentations.
- Participate in a 24x7 coverage model to prevent and remediate security threats against Goldman Sachs’ global business network.
- The position is based in Irving, Texas or Bengaluru, India.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can provide thought leadership in big data analytics.
- Responsive to challenging tasking. Ability to document and
explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner.
- Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion.
- Minimum 7 years full time work post graduate work experience with minimum 2 years work experience leading small teams of less than 10 employees.
- 3 - 5 years of big data analytics techniques and methods for identifying uncovered information and ability to communicate effectively through visualization and multivariate statistics.
- 3 - 5 years experience with scalable distributed data processing, management, and visualization tools (e.g. Hadoop, Apache Spark, Accumulo, graph databases, etc.).
- Proven knowledge of industry leading scripting tools such as Python, Powershell, R and SQL
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security is preferred.
- Four (4) years of additional work experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree. Bachelors of Science/Arts in Forensic Computing, System/Computer Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or Decision Science will be considered.
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics).
- Previous work experience in Cyber Security field is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills required. For positions within the US, possession or ability to possess a SECRET or TS/SCI clearance from the US government.
Goldman Sachs, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in
employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws.