Experience: 5-10 years in desktop (Linux) application testing preferably in Industrial automation domain
The selected candidate will be part of the Quality Assurance team for ABB Ability Platform Engineering – cpmPlus team a technology organization delivering IOT edge historian and process historian solution for ABB Ability platform. ABB Ability platform is ABB’s unified, cross-industry digital offering extending from device to edge to cloud.
- understating new features from user stories and identifying the possible customer use cases using own domain expertise and developing test cases for industrial applications like timeseries historian, IOT Edge and HTML5 based web application.
- Manual testing of new features and Estimating test Automation requirements and feasibility for New features
- Automating new test cases in C#- dotnet core Mstest2 using Visual Studio core
- Reviewing the Test Automation results, analyzing the failed cases, reporting bugs, creating and maintaining TFS /Azure DevOps dashboard for key metric.
- Attending Local and global scrum meetings to report test observations and current developments
- Test environment preparation and maintenance
- Willingness to learn new technologies continuously.
- 5+ years of Experience in test planning and execution of desktop application both Linux and Windows
- Strong experience in different Linux distributions : Debian , Ubuntu and good knowledge in shell script commands.
- Experience in industrial automation domain
- Experience in Test automation using Unit test frameworks (Mstest2/Xunit)
- Programing Skill : C# dotnet core
- Experience in API & non-functional testing
- Knowledge on Azure PaaS - IOT Hub
- Knowledge on containerization - Dockers
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Experience on TFS /AZURE DEVOPS – Test management, release definitions
- Experience of working with virtual environments (Vmware / Hyperview / Azure)
- Working Knowledge on Public interfaces ODBC, OPC UA, OPC Classic
- Ability to understand new features / use cases and developing test cases from them.
- Team Player, willingness to share and learn.
Good to Have:
- Hand on experience in Azure IaaS / PaaS
- Hand on experience in Docker containers
- Experience in Web test automation using Selenium / Coded UI
- Knowledge on BDD / Spec flow concept