Turtlemint is a technology platform (www.turtlemint.com) that facilitates the entire process of researching, decision-making and buying insurance. Turtlemint is building a unique insure-tech platform which is enabling transaction of complex product with a simple and intuitive interface. On the supply side, Turtlemint aggregates more than 25+ insurers and enabled three uniquedemand channels. First, direct to consumer channel where users buy insurance product.
Second, a network of more than 35,000 agents across India who use Turtlemint platform to sell insurance. Third, SaaS version of the same platform for large financial institutes, consumer applications etc. Now it is expanding into other financial products like mutual funds. Turtlemint is founded by IIT/IIM graduates, ex-employees of top companies like ICICI Lombard, Yahoo,eBay, and Quikr. Our management team has experience building and growing many successful technology and consumer companies. Turtlemint is growing rapidly and it is already amongstthe top three insurance platforms in India. We are a well-funded startup, backed by leading Venture Capitalists, and began our business operations in September 2015. We strongly believe that as a technology-led company we can truly disrupt the 'old economy' financial services businesses, a multi-billion dollar industry in India. Turtlemint promises to offer an intellectually enriching and fun work environment, and an opportunity to work with smart and dedicated colleagues. Come make an impact on millions of users on an important but often ignored aspect of their life - financial security & freedom!
- Position: Software Engineer/ Sr. Software Engineer/ Principal Engineer
- Role: Backend Developer
- Location: Mumbai/Pune
- Experience: 2-8 years
- Design, implement, and support scalable and functionally resilient public REST APIs
- Support and help cultivate product mindset culture, by working directly with businees and product management to understand customer needs, perform customer requirement analysis, and collaborate on roadmap planning and its execution
- Advocate for best practice development methodologies across the entire team and help iterate on software development processes and standards
- Contribute to the development of test automation - Demonstrate flexibility and leadership in a fast paced startup environment while remaining focused on the responsibility of creating sustainable and scalable platform code base
Experience and Skill required:
- Experience designing, developing, delivering, and scaling modern web applications
- Strong experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, C/C++, C# - Demonstrated expertise working with at least one modern enterprise application frameworks like Spring Boot, Play Framework, Django
- Demonstrated expertise in building scalable distributed applications in microservices architecture
- Expert knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies and coding standards -Strong and proven advocacy for Test Driven Development is preferred
- Experience with SQL (mySQL, Postgres, etc) and NoSQL (MongoDb, DynamoDB, Aerospike or Redis)
- Production experience in running cloud based enterprise-grade systems at scale
- Natural ability to process requirements, figure out multiple execution options, their complexity, and estimate the scope of work required to get tasks done
- DevOps experience - Cloud experience (AWS required, Google Cloud Platform bonus)
Bachelors in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience Finally, and most importantly, drive, energy, and motivation to succeed with delivering great customer experiences.