Come and be part of the team which is helping shape Juniper’s vision of scalable JUNOS infrastructure which runs in Juniper’s routing and switching products. JUNOS kernel infrastructure is built over FreeBSD, which is SMP capable. The job involves development and sustenance of features, handling customer escalations and championing high quality along with seamless handling of business priorities. On the job innovation is a high priority task for this team.
- Design, develop, unit test and support cutting edge kernel networking features for Juniper routers.
- Contribute to new product development and kernel infrastructure as part of the Junos kernel team.
- In-depth analysis and fixing of Kernel/networking problems reported by customers and system test.
- Design, code and analyze complex issues and arrive at solutions keeping in mind the various tradeoffs (memory, time, maintainability etc.) required in a implementing a complex system.
- A passion for developing and improving control plane software for networking products is a must!
- Expertise in UNIX kernel internals and general networking.
- Should have worked previously in IP networking or telecom field and be a Subject Matter Expert in at least one of the related subsystems.
- A thorough knowledge of networking concepts in IP/ Multicast/ VPLS/Tunnels
- Strong C, system understanding and debugging skills are required. Very proficient in writing good code and understanding intricacies working on scalable Router / Switch.
- Experience debugging complex issues in complex systems including but not limited to scaling and performance issues, packet loss, memory leaks and memory corruption and kernel panics.
- Experience using various debugging tools (as well as writing own) for the above.
- Candidate must possess good oral and written communication skills, be highly self-motivated and collaborate as and when required.
- Should be capable of working on multiple issues by prioritizing activities on a daily basis to achieve various milestones.
- BE/Btech or ME/Mtech. 10+ years relevant experience.