Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Job Mandate (To be used for SELECTION INTERVIEWS)
Reliance is treading on an exciting new business journey exploring the online channels in retailing. We need techno-functional experts who will join hands in achieving these goals. We are looking for engineering professionals who can revolutionize customer experience & convenience in the digital environment by creating scalable and seamless multi-channel experiences by connecting buyers & sellers of all types and sizes across the nation. You can be a part of developing and launching new services for Reliance across channels ? web, tablet, mobile, and future channels. You?ll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow?s technologies. You?ll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.
- Responsible for ensuring that the architecture and design of the platform remains top-notch with respect to scalability, availability, reliability and maintainability
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Act as a technical architect as well as a hands-on technical manager of a team comprising of engineers. This would in turn requires the technical depth to make complex design decisions and the hands-on ability to lead by example
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of features, driving rapid product innovation while ensuring a reliable service.
- Responsible for setup and managing a team of engineers, hiring and mentoring the team, performance management of the team
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to projects
- Working closely with the various stakeholders like Business process owners, Program Managers, Product Managers, Infrastructure and Operations team to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Responsible for setting up best practices for engineering and development. Lead by example and champion their adoption.
- Drive non-functional requirements of the platform required to keep the platform highly scalable, available and reliable.
- Assist in release planning and prioritization based on technical feasibility and engineering constraints
- A zeal to continually find new ways to improve architecture, design and ensure timely delivery and high quality
- Assist with vendor selection
- Graduate in any specialization
Years of Experience (minimum & maximum)
- 15+ years
What are the organizations that the candidate should have worked for? (Indicate which criteria are mandatory)
- Domain: Must have a good understanding of the eCommerce domain in at least one retail segment (Grocery in particular) covering functions ranging from Channels (Online, Mobile, Call Center, etc.), Web Merchandising, Search, and OMS.
What are the nature and scope of responsibilities the candidate should have handled? (Indicate which criteria are mandatory)
- Engineering Management: Should have demonstrated experience as an engineering / technical manager in eCommerce projects. Ability to contribute towards the product strategy of the future
- Technology: Should have an in depth understanding and knowledge of eCommerce platforms leveraging Hybris or Sterling OMS/Any OMS, Caching Solutions, Integration Frameworks and open systems technologies
- Performance Engineering and Optimization: Should have knowledge of performance engineering principles and understanding of optimal design and code.
- Project Management: should be aware of standard project management principles and methodologies.
- Experience in agile project management and tools like JIRA, continuous integration and tool such as Chef, Puppet etc
- eCommerce Launch and Stabilization: must have taken at least ONE eCommerce solution (or module) live and lead through post go-live stabilization period.
Knowledge & Skills (Indicate which criteria are mandatory)
- Computer Science or equivalent engineering graduate from a reputed college
- Experience in technologies required for an intensive transactional, highly scalable and available set-up.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of highly qualified engineers.
- Highly knowledgeable in OOAD, J2EE frameworks, Rich and responsive UI
- Experience in the current development methodologies like agile, extreme programming, test driven development etc
- Very strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments and a proven track record in delivering eCommerce projects with high quality and on time.
- A motivator, team leader and people manager
Has previously worked with companies like Workshop India, Amgonna and currently working at Jio