I hope this message reaches you well. I work with recruiting team at Uber. I came across your profile, and feel that your background is a close match for the Engineer opportunity that we have at the Bangalore office. Adding below the details of the role.
As a Backend Engineer at Uber, you’ll be working on code that’s closest to the business. Your work will impact live riders, eaters, driver-partners, and operations teams across the globe. Our teams span from the traditional ridesharing business to the new emerging products around UberEATS, our own Mapping technology, and Self-Driving cars
What You'll Do:
You will build user-facing products, handle and store thousands of payment transactions per second, and develop intelligent fraud prevention strategies that scale. From building maps that help move millions of people, to the messaging systems that let us interact with them - the work you do will impact every single
What You’ll Need
- 4+ Yrs Strong meaningful Individual contributor experience as a software engineer.
- Prior experience as a tech lead who has mentored/led small teams in building product features at scale
- The ability to go deep, but also appreciate the challenge of going broad. Uber has a huge stack, and we're all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch,machine learning, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems.
- Advanced knowledge of some and a willingness to learn the rest: Python, node.js, Java etc.
- Intelligence. High adaptability. Ability to learn quickly.
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities, a plus.
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.