Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
The Kindle Content team is looking for a seasoned software development manager to work on tools and services that will help grow non-fiction business in Kindle. You will need to envision, invent and design end-to-end products that continuously make it simpler to create great-on-kindle books. Expect to be challenged!
Our vision with the Kindle is to make every book ever created, in any language, available to Kindle customers in less than 60 seconds. The Kindle Non-Fiction Content team’s charter is to create self-service solutions that make it unbelievably simple and fast for content creators to create the best Kindle user experience for their books. This involves understanding the challenges with content quality and creating simple tools for publishers to help fix these issues.
Brief on Work:
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of highly competent engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of customer facing products on a variety of platforms. The additional responsibilities of the role include ensuring the various system-level SLAs are met, while maintaining unrelenting focus on the quality, throughput and innovation of the deliverables, and manage the stakeholders. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing intuitive and user-friendly customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project and people management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems. Any additional expertise in image processing or on machine learning based techniques will be useful.
This role will have a profound impact on millions of readers and content creators across the world. Come help us reinvent reading!
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle of a key products
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Develop the long-term strategy for Kindle Content quality scaling and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
- Strong in Computer Science fundamentals and core areas like Problem Solving, Data Structures, Algorithms and Complexity Analysis
- Strong Analytical Abilities and Problem Solving Skills
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, or Java
- Experience in conception, design & delivery of cross platform software
- Experience in defining processes and establishing mechanisms that improves the efficiency of software development for customers and developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Professional traits that is not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
- BE / B Tech / MCA / ME / M Tech / Ph.D. in Computer Science or related fields
- 10+ years of experience building successful production software systems with at-least 4 years of leading the product development