Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
You’ll never hear the term ‘employee? at Publicis.Sapient. Rather, you?ll see we talk about talented and valued individuals ? people with interesting and provocative ideas, bold and diverse perspectives, a keen awareness of today and an unflinching curiosity about next.Our culture is all about the thriving of the 19,000 of us in 100+ offices around the globe, while we boldly help impact the success of our clients in a modern world.
To start your own journey into?next, visit?http://www.publicis.sapient.com/.
Software Development Engineers (SDEs) are the creative minds developing the software applications that make life easier for customers. Responsible for the entire development and support process for a software program. Your applications make previously complex tasks simple with the impact ranging from saving time, effort or money to re-defining normal. You will balance exceptional delivery for customers on what matters, engaging team and colleagues, with the needs of the business. I am an expert and often the first layer of management of people or projects.
- Use in-depth knowledge of at least one major programming language, the framework and the tool ecosystem to implement end-to-end systems
- Profile and optimize code.
- Produce test driven features in a specific programming language and demonstrate competency in TDD cycle.
- Apply understanding of cohesion and solid principles to create well structured, maintainable software.
- Apply understanding of threads, the threading model and concurrent programming.
- Identify patterns in code and refactor the code towards them where it increases understanding and/or maintainability with minimal guidance.
- Translate requirements into tasks & code.
- Develop high quality code that can lead to rapid delivery. Ruthlessly pursuing continuous integration and delivery.
- Commit code early and often, demonstrating understanding of version control & branching strategies.
- Automate everything by default.
- Write secure code by default.
- Write maintainable code and observe basic hygiene practices.
- Demonstrate the importance of domain model and coherently model a problem domain within a given context
- Implement relevant project instrumentation.
- Follow the best practices of continuous BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing.
- Work effectively with my product stakeholders to communicate and translate their needs into improvements in my product.
- Lead group discussions on design of particular areas and understand domain well enough to work with Product Managers to drive value
- Support production systems, resolve incidents and perform root cause analysis.
- Debug/find complex problems and support/maintain the software solution.
- Share knowledge with the wider engineering community.
- Produce proof of concepts to evaluate new tools.
- Mentor and develop people in the team
- 4-10 years? experience in Software development and 2-5 years as development Manager.
- Proven working experience in Java (1.7 and higher) or Node.JS with microservice architecture
- Should be able to build, test and deploy the code
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Experience of best practice methodologies.
- Experience of multiple programming languages
- A Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science.
Projects this role will support:
- Being a part of Publicis.Sapient, you will work with top 10 clients across industry verticals ? Retail, Travel, Banking and Financials, Education, Health and play an integral role in digital transformation for our clients
Possible career-paths (until SSDE) shall provide opportunities to deal with increasing levels of:
- Abstraction: From designing based on designing principles to complete independence in designing architectural strategy
- Complexity: From solving technical problem at feature level to continuously solving complex, endemic problems
- Delivery Execution: From build, develop and operate major portion of a product or application to successfully guide teams by example/review/POC
- Collaboration: From influencing team at product level to influencing business and technology direction
- Continuous Improvement: From automating development to setting standards for engineering, test and operational excellent
- Knowledge/Judgement: From understanding team software architecture at feature level to understanding organization architecture and influences priorities/trade offs
Career progression shall be based on the ability & demonstration of:
- driving outcomes, results
- dealing with increasing levels of ambiguity, breadth, depth
- influencing diverse stakeholders technically, functionally through leadership, domain & engineering competencies