Springer Nature, Pune is the technology and publishing solutions arm of Springer Nature, which is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher.We focus on technology driven solutions and possess deep insight in the publishing business.
If you have the answers to the below questions or are curious about them, do not hesitate to apply, we look forward to talking to you!
- Do you want to experience the flavor of an German based captive unit which uses the latest coding philosophies and is moving towards integrating machine learning in development practices?
- Are you passionate about technology?
- Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant and analytical ways?
- Are you a Java developer who has great design aesthetics?
- Are you willing to learn and work upon latest technologies like Sacla and Kotlin?
Please find more in-depth details below:-
- Own and consistently deliver high quality end-to-end product features keeping in view technical & business expectations
- Add meaty features to the product which will deliver substantial business value
- Pioneer clean coding and continuous code refactoring
- Understands and appreciates existing design and architecture of the product
- Understands pros and cons of various technology options available
- Takes technical ownership of some of sub-systems of the product
- Makes changes in the product designs to achieve required business value / mileage
- Identify and addresses technical debts
- Understands technical vision and road-map of the product and expectations
- Understands purview of key pieces of deliverables and own few of these pieces
- Able to write clean code which is lean
- Experience on Java/Scala
- Experience on Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- RDBMS DB Query Writing / Tuning
- No-SQL DB Designing / Tuning
- XP Practices (TDD / ATDD, Pair Programming, etc.)
- Performance Tuning
- Design Pros/Cons, Trade-Offs
- Lean / Mean Design
- Micro-services / SOA Know-how
- Agile Mindset
What a typical day looks like:-
- Pioneer proof of concepts of new technologies keeping in view product road-map and business priorities
- Self-study and share his / her learning within the team and across teams
- Provide required help to other team-members
- Pioneer in various team events and work towards objectives of these events
- Make meaningful suggestions to make ceremonies more effective
- Commercial delivery experience within complex, enterprise environments using one or more of: Java / J2EE & Scala
- Experience in Web services
- Experienced in backend and frontend web development & Test Driven Development and Unit testing
- A passion or experience of Agile methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Comfortable working with Linux
- Knowledge of CI / CD
- An interest in learning Scala and keeping up to date with the latest technology trends
- Understanding of functional programming techniques
- Fluency and commercial experience in Scala
- NoSQL Database exposure
- Experience developing RESTful APIs with JSON / XML as IO messages
- Involvement in open source projects
- Experience with scaling and performance tuning web applications
- Nice to have exposure on Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning & NLP
- Experience in architecture
- Candidates with a product company mindset will be given preference
scala, java, java developer, java programmer, scala developer, scala program, j2ee, scrum, agile, restful, web services, soap
UG Qualification: UG Not Compulsory
PG Qualification: PG Not Compulsory
PPG Qualification: PPG Not Compulsory