Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
About the Role
Uber’s scale and growth have moved past the benefits of a strong one-size-fits-all productmarket fit and this is where the Uber Rider team is focused. Our charter is to bring the next set of billion riders onto the Uber platform. To enable riders to access the magic of Uber anywhere, anyway, anyhow. A significant set of step functions in new rider growth must come from enabling deep access to Uber; transcending rider challenges across capabilities of devices, networks, and riders in emerging regions of focus. This translates to building innovative products that are lighter, progressive, network resilient, instant and yet simple to use for next set of billion riders. We are building one of the strongest tech teams in India and hence the interest in talking to you.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for an excellent engineer who can help us bring this vision to reality, identify the key open challenges, innovate, iterate and adapt, create a viable road-map and collaborate with a team of world class software engineers to execute on this charter.
- 10+ years Strong Meaningful Individual contributor experience as a software engineer
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can
discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Go and Java.
- Distributed Systems: Experience building distributed systems at scale.
- Understanding of Mobile-Backend interaction: Because of the device and network
limitations we are trying to solve, you should have thorough knowledge of mobilebackend interaction, push and pull architectures, their limitations and where they are applicable.
- Fast learner: We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team – that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written
word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Technology Vision: You must be someone who can envision where the technology trends are going, define longer term technology goals for the team while aligning with the business needs.
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money.
For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.