Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
MoEngage is looking for experienced and skilled Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team at Bangalore location. An excellent position for people who enjoy working on the full cycle of exploratory testing — creating a strategy, writing a plan, creating and executing tests, finding regressions, logging and verifying bugs, and creating comprehensive historical records of testing activities are all part of being successful in this position.
Product development at MoEngage is split into small teams of engineers, product managers and designers working together on features. As a QA Engineer at MoEngage, you would become a full-time member of one of these small teams, focusing on End to End release aspects to ensure that we have a solid and well-executed test strategy before launching new features to the public.
You will do this through your eye to details, deep understanding of sdlc/stlc, how code flows from backend to front-end, knowledge of API requests & their responses, test techniques, and customer focus.
You will be responsible for
- Working closely with engineering, design, product management and other QA members to design, own, and deliver on test plans for our product based on web, backend and mobile SDKs.
- Helping to develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features.
- Providing reliable, early feedback on new functionality and feature changes.
- Collaborating with Engineering to isolate and reproduce defects across all parts of the system and identify gaps in coverage.
- Partnering with Product and Customer Success teams to ensure that testing is complete and thorough before launching.
- Adoption of Dynamically context changes and focus driven results.
Your typical week might include
- Writing and Executing test cases for new features on our Windows, Mac, Linux and Mobile SDKs.
- Bugs verification, executing smoke and regression suites on fixes.
- Working with internal teams and at times clients directly to help identify steps to reproduce bugs.
- Creating/Improving test strategies for next releases.
- If you are at coding and willing to go extra miles then getting to work on Automation is the added key.
Things we think are important for this role
- Experience in creating well-defined Test Strategies for various types of Functional, Exploratory and Regression testing initiatives
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Have worked in Mobile Eco-system [ Android, iOS, Windows ] [2-4 years of experience]
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Works closely with the development team to improve QA effectiveness.
- Working knowledge with bug tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Your organizational skills and ability to capture and record detailed and accurate information about bugs and systemic issues are not to be mocked.
- You think outside the box and approach the MoEngage clients from multiple users’ perspectives.
- Improvisation and flexibility. We operate differently than other teams. Standard QA processes won’t always work at MoEngage. Bring your bag of tricks.
- Passion for continuous learning and improving QA cycle through interaction with product & development teams.
Additional advantage to have:
- White box testing experience
- Experience in automation using tool such as Selenium
- Experience in REST API or Performance test automation
- Development background [You can code good and wish to build career in automation in long run, we welcome you]
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system.
- Knowledge of No SQL databases (Mongo) / SQL.
- Contribution to Open-source projects or Testing Challenges
- Work at Scale and challenge yourself
- Free to choose your own tech gear
- Work with a smart team which grew up in the Mobile First world
- Open Culture, Macbook, Food, Popcorn, Coffee, Snacks & Fun friends if you get their fun out :-)
Who are we and What do we do?
MoEngage Inc. is a technology company based out of Bangalore and San Francisco. We are focused on solving the problem of retention and engagement in mobile apps. We are building a User Analytics and Engagement platform to help app companies understand user behaviour in real time and deliver personalised interactions (big data personalisation at scale). We work with most of the top consumer-internet companies in India across E-commerce, Travel, Food, etc. We are a fast-growing team of young people, who worked earlier at mobile and startup companies. We are building a global SAAS company out of India and are looking for the right folks who can be part of this journey.