Do you want to help half a billion people of our country today and prepares them for tomorrow?
Do you want to offer them high quality, mobile-first financial products and also protect them from the tricks and traps?
That’s what we do at Avail Finance. We are a platform to service the financial needs of the blue-collared workforce of India. 400+ Million Indians lack basic financial services like credit and savings. You often find them storing money in a shoe in a corner and borrowing from local money lenders who harass them. These include your guards, maids, cooks, cab drivers, delivery guys etc.; people that we interact with on a day to day basis. We have already impacted over 1 lakh + such families through our platform and are building for the next 400 million.
We were in the news:
We have raised more than $17.5 million from Matrix partners, as well as the who's who of startups like Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati(Ola Founders), Kunal Shah (Freecharge Founder), Gaurav Deepak (Avendus Founder) and Manish Patel (M-Swipe Founder).
Product Management at Avail:
- You will be building a platform for the people of India. At Avail, customer comes first. It is about getting in the shoes of your customers, understanding their needs, and solving for them.
- Looking after user flows and experience for different products on the Avail platform.
- Build the product strategy and product road-map for the functional charter/feature in line with Business goals and strategies
- Own all Product Management aspects from conception on-wards and drive it through development, testing, acceptance and adoption to launch
- Prioritize features, requests, asks from various teams, keeping in mind customer impact, business impact & dev costs
- Lead the team through complete ownership of the product, from prioritization, timely execution, and quality, resolving issues faced during operationalization and ensuring success metrics are met.
- Create comprehensive Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) and define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by working closely with Operations and Tech teams
- Build and Lead a team of Product Managers
- Conduct competitive analysis, industry bench-marking and Cost/benefit analysis to improve products and adopt best practices.
What we need for this role?
- 7-9 years of experience in developing products
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science/Design or equivalent from a premier institute
- Solid track record for delivery of high quality products, demonstrating management of tasks, resolution of problems and issues and experience in implementing action plans to meet objective
- Strong product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Past Experience in handling B2C product/platform/app is a must
- Analytical Skills- Conversant with data, math, and numbers
- Enthusiastic - Willing to roll up sleeves and get into details. Eager for that extra mile to better the product.
- Strong User Experience: Ability to empathize with the customers and guide designers if needed
- Previous start-up and/or consulting experience is a strong plus
- Entrepreneurial Sprit
- Love for solving problems
- Experience in developing products for tier-2 city audience or blue collared audience is a plus
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about solving the problem for our country by building data-driven, simplistic and beautiful products.