Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
About the Position:
Reporting to Practice Sr. Manager, this is a highly technical role, providing Architectural, Design and Implementation Consultancy services for Junipers Networks Solutions targeted at Service Provider customers. Consultant will be required to develop and maintain expertise on SP/Enterprise/Data Center Network Architectures and solutions, e.g. Core, Edge, Access & Aggregation and NFV.This is a full-time post-sales position on-site and remote, working as part of a wider Juniper Professional Services team.
- Work in a consultative manner with customers, sales, customer services and systems engineering to scope and deliver Professional Service projects. Typical tasks & duties will include:
- Run requirements and scoping workshops with the customer, delivery partners and sales.
- Technical lead for major network deployments and migrations. Produce design, validation, and migrations plan.
- Lead implementation and/or execution of those plans.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, and security and provide recommendations to customers about improvements to network configurations topologies to prevent problems before they occur.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Juniper Networks Routing product line, i.e. PTX, MX,EX, QFX, vMX, Northstar SDN Controller and ACX series equipment.
- Work with the internal Juniper Networks technical teams for placement of products and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
- Work closely with colleagues and customer’s personnel to help test, design, and plan for deployments of new products and features.
- Support networks in early stages of deployment
- Formulate network management strategies
- Ensure that PS aspects of engagement follow engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the appropriate Project or Program Manager
- Act as a Professional Services project leader on larger projects, coordinating the work of a larger delivery team; act as a project manager when appropriate, owning overall responsibility for network implementation.
- Provide appropriate training (Knowledge Transfer workshops) to Juniper Networks partners and customers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customer’s technical management and teams.
- Participation in requirements gathering workshops, discussions and meetings with Customer’s Design, Test and/or Engineering Teams
- Reviewing customer provided (technical) information
- Participation in workshops, (reviews) and discussions around design, testing, validating and implementing Juniper solutions
- Participation in (and lead if required) technology workshops
- Providing input related to ‘best practices’ in design, implementation and/or migration planning, and validation & verification testing
- Taking ownership of, or assisting with creating Assessment, High Level Design, Low Level Design. Test Plans, Implementation and Migration plans
- Providing customers with input related to recommended configurations and parameter values for Juniper equipment
- Providing customers with technical information and documentation related to Juniper Networks products
- Assisting with hand-over to Operations or to a Juniper Networks Operational RE
- Assisting with migration planning and support to minimize impact and downtime
- Ongoing, informal, knowledge transfer on Juniper Networks Solutions & Technologies
- Advising, and demonstrating if necessary, of new software and hardware features
- Support of customer driven testing, providing technical feedback not only on the product but also the validity of the test
- Tracking and reporting of issues found during testing, Implementation and migration
- Working with customers across different zones.
- International travel is a job requirement
Primary Skills required :
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills, this means you like talking to people…yes in person, too!
- Effective consultancy, planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work on multiple projects and manage customers appropriately
- Must be fluent in English language and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The mature “customer first” focus so that you personally can close out operational challenges on both sales and delivery with CSS, Sales, Partners or other Juniper players
- Commitment to delivering a remarkable customer experience
- Experience in working with international companies
Thorough understanding of:
- Layer 3 - IP and related technologies (ICMP, TCP, IPSec, GRE, QoS, VRRP)
- IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS)
- Layer 2 technologies (Ethernet, 802.1q/p VLAN, BFD, STP, RSTP, ARP, PPP, MLPPP, LACP)
- Strong JUNOS skills and excellent hands on and planning capabilities with MX Series products, PTX Series, EX Series,QFX Series, MX BNG
- Excellent and deep hands on and designing/planning capabilities in Service Provider Domain
- Strong Service Provider background
- Good understanding of Junos Operating system
- Good troubleshooting skills on network layer
- Prefer to have understanding/Exposure/Expertise in one or more areas :
- MPLS, VPLS, L2 VPN, L3 VPN, MPLS Traffic Engineering, LDP and RSVP
- Multicast technologies NG-MVPN, PIM
- Perl/Python/Unix/Expect scripting
- Basics of Mobility Technology (2G,3G,LTE)
- Understanding of VXLAN/EVPN would be helpful
- Metro Ethernet, Broadband technologies and Seamless QoS and IP related services
Virtualisation Experience (good to have):
- x86 Hardware (HP/DELL/IBM)
- Linux internals and knowledge of Virtualization concepts is desirable along with hands-on experiences on Linux Ubuntu/CentOS/ Redhat (Installation, configuration, troubleshooting )
- Hand’s-on troubleshooting public/private cloud infrastructure
- Hands on experience in Virtualization solution like KVM/QEMU, ESXi, etc.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization solutions of Azure / AWS/ OpenStack/ CloudStack
- Platform Knowledge:Juniper (routers, switches), Cisco, Nortel, Huawei, traffic generators (Ixia, Agilent)
- Preferred Certifications JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE/CCNA/CCNP/CCIE and other equivalent.
- 8-15 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry
- More than 5 years of hands on experience on Juniper devices
- Bachelor/Masters of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline
Travel requirements for the position is up to 30-40%