Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Perfect for people who
We’re a new age digital transformation partner designed to help companies reimagine their businesses for the connected world. We challenge the status quo, innovate, disrupt and transform whatever comes into our fold by combining radical customer centricity with unmatched, enterprise-wide digital expertise. Getting goose bumps? Good. If you’re ready to be a Troublemaker and are keen to do things that haven’t yet been imagined, let’s see where your talent takes you!
Senior Manager – Data Engineering
As Senior Manager in Data Engineering, you are responsible for defining and executing data strategy for clients. Your role focused on high quality strategy, definition and delivery of solutions involving:
Data Integration, Governance & Wrangling
Data Storage and Computation Frameworks, Performance Optimizations
Analytics & Visualizations
Infrastructure & Cloud Computing
* Data Management Platforms
The role requires a hands-on technologist with expertise in databases, Hadoop, MDM and reporting to provide strategic and tactical direction to customers in the areas of marketing and technology. The person should have a strong programming background like Java.
As data engineering practitioner, you should have a point of view and understanding of build vs. buy, performance considerations, hosting, business intelligence, reporting & analytics. Ideally, you have experience in integrating data with marketing scenarios like segmentation, targeting, consumer 360 view, etc.
- Provide inputs to define and execute strategic roadmap for enterprise data architecture by identifying the current landscape and future business goals
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on implementation role in the areas of data techniques including data access, integration, modeling, visualization, mining, design and implementation
- Lead a globally distributed team to deliver high quality solutions. Manage functional & non functional scope and quality
- Help establish standard data practices like governance and address other non-functional issues like data security, privacy and quality
- Help establish best practice like standards and guidelines for design & development, deployment, support and analytics and mining
- Help establish best practice in acquiring, storing and analyzing structured, semi-structured and un-structured data from the enterprise and outside like social
- Come up with analytics solutions based on the business goals and appropriate data visualization to support the goals
- Manage and provide technical leadership to large data programs or multiple programs implementation based on the requirement using agile technologies
- Define and drive key transformational programs like customer 360 degree view for the clients
- Functional understanding related to digital marketing & customer experience solution blocks, Master data Management (MDM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Campaign Management, Tag Management, Media Buying, Optimizations, Recommendations & Targeting, DMP, and DSP.
- Understanding Digital data sources such as Open source data (ex: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.), Web log Data (SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics), 3rd party paid data (ex: Acxiom, ACNielsen etc.) and business application data (CRM, Ecommerce etc.)
- Run workshops with clients and align client stakeholders to optimal solutions
- 10+ years of experience within the field of data engineering
- Excellent understanding of data technologies landscape
- Well versed with pros and cons of various database technologies like Relational, NO SQL, MPP, Columnar databases
- Well versed with Software as a service, Platform as a service and Infrastructure as a service concepts and can drive clients to a decision
- Expert in multi-dimensional modeling like start schema, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models
- Expert in one or more ETL, BI, Analytics and advanced visualization technologies
- Expert in in Hadoop eco-system with one or more distribution like Cloudera and HortonWorks
- Expert in agile development with CI / CD pipeline with data projects
- Knowledge in computation frameworks like Storm and Spark
- Knowledge in cloud and social media technologies and integrations
- Expert in master data management and building customer 360 degree views
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills verbal, written and visual presentations
- Strong coordination and negotiation skills
- Multi geo experience and distributed delivery experience in large programs
- Business Knowledge: Data driven marketing experience would be a plus
Degree or equivalent experience
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation