Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Consumer PayPal Mobile Engineering organization is looking for an Engineering Manager to start and lead a new critical iOS development team in Bangalore focused on building exciting new solutions for our iOS users. This brand-new team will be driving key strategic initiatives while collaborating closely with our iOS Development team in San Jose, California.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in hiring, building and retaining top mobile talent, establishing scalable and sustainable architecture, collaborate on the strategy & roadmap by working closely with the product, design and PMO organizations, besides mobile technical prowess and demonstrated hands on coding experience building mobile native applications.
- 50% of the time technical work (hands on coding) – 50% people and project management
- Hiring, developing & retaining top talent and be responsible for the overall team structure
- Provide thought leadership to the broad org around mobile iOS app development
- Manage communication and coordination with the team in San Jose, California
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy
- Coaching and mentoring individual contributors
- Create & enhance development processes to ensure the quality of products and code
- Responsible for establishing and enhancing the engineering discipline of the team
- Keep up to date on industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly to our products
- 8+ years of mobile development experience on production iOS apps
- Hands on iOS programming skills required
- 2+ years managing software development teams preferred (technical lead ok)
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain top mobile talent.
- Experience building high volume customer facing applications at scale.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in good architecture design.
- Passion for easily readable code, quality and test automation.
- Firm grasp of fundamental data structures and algorithms.
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).