Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
MMT is looking for strong and passionate hard-core Data Scientists. The incumbent would:
- Build required statistical models and heuristics to predict, optimize, and guide various aspects of our business based on available data
- Design, implement, and iterate through statistical experiments to incrementally maximize site margin while minimizing risk.
- Handle 1.8 TB of data volume every day on Makemytrip Data platform
- Extract and consume data from our live systems to analyze and produce robust 99.99% SLA Big-data environment
- The incumbent will be in the driving seat for innovation and delivery in various exciting tech. opportunities. Specifically, we are significantly increasing our tech-investments in Big-data Analytics as the base for Data-Science
We seek individuals who are smart, have passion to learn, are hungry to make a difference to travel-commerce in India, and are fun to work with. To qualify, the candidate must have solid understanding of and experience with statistical methods, specifically:
- Programming experience is a must
- Experimental design
- Familiar in time-series analysis and implications on how to model and test.
- Experience with some of these methods: Regression, Decision Trees, CART, Random Forest, Boosting, Evolutionary Programming, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, Bayesian Belief Networks, Support Vector Machines, Ensemble Methods, Association Rules, Singular Value Decomposition, Principal Component Analysis, Clustering.
- Experience in some of these applications: Collaborative Filtering, Personalization, Consumer Segmentation, Text Analytics, Information Retrieval, Search Relevance.
- Solid data management and statistical modeling skills: SAS, R, Mahout, Matlab, Python (SciPy, NumPy), SQL and Excel.
- Experience with Big Data. Distributed computing (e.g. map/reduce) is a plus, especially Hadoop, Mahout, Pig.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- BE/BTech from Tier 1 colleges (IIT/ISI/NIT/BITS/BIT/IIIT/REC) in Computer Science/Statistics/IT/ECE stream
- MS or Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics, or equivalent
- 6-12 yrs of work experience which should include minimum 4 years experience in Data Science