Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Wynk: Who We Are
With unrelenting focus on product innovation, a vibrant team and an exciting work culture - Wynk is a start-up within the telecom giant, Airtel. Wynk provides a digital platform to access on-the-go entertainment content across music, Live TV, Movies & TV Shows. The carrier-agnostic and multi-device compatible applications enable customers to stream, download and buy content. The products are designed to leverage the strengths of a telecom backbone in terms of identifying & catering to the preferences of customers, thus providing high quality entertainment content on multiple platforms.
Launched in 2014, Wynk Music is today India’s No.1 music app with over 75 million app installs. With many industry-first innovations under its belt and strong industry partnerships in place, it is today leading the market with consistent growth in active users and engagement rates.
Airtel TV (formerly known as Wynk Movies) is a TV-on-mobile proposition from Airtel with over 300 Live Channels, 6000 movies and more than 100 original shows that includes a rich catalog of the latest and best international, Bollywood and regional video content. Its active user base is beyond 10 million in number, placing it on a hyper growth path. In the near future, Airtel TV aims to be the top marketplace for paid video content in India.
As a back-end engineer, you will be required to work on a variety of projects. You will have to interact with the entire engineering team to solve problems and build, extend, optimize and refactor the back-end architecture of our growing product. They will involve working on our existing codebase and new projects. Wynk is an engineering-driven environment where your contribution will be felt immediately. All teams at Wynk are involved in every part of our development life cycle. As an engineer at Wynk, you will be
responsible for end to end delivery of features.
Out of many tools and technologies, we use Java, MongoDb, Haproxy, Redis, Twem, Netty extensively for our back-end development.
- Development of our application’s backend.
- End to end delivery new features.
- Evolving the architecture for performance and scalability.
- Design, develop and own components of a highly scalable, distributed web services platform.
- Constantly strive to improve software development process and team productivity.
The Successful Candidate
- 2-4 years of experience building scalable backend applications.
- Excellent Java skills, understanding of OOPs Concepts & MVC approach.
- Experience with prevalent design patterns & system designing will be a big plus.
- Experience in developing scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed backend services.
- Good Experiences with Databases & Schema design. We heavily use NoSql databases.
- Performance optimization, caching techniques.
- Eagerness to learn and implement new technologies will be an added advantage.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and object-oriented programming skills.