About the Position:
This is a highly technical role, providing Architectural, Design and Implementation Consultancy services for Junipers Networks Solutions targeted at Enterprise Clients. Consultant will be required to develop and maintain expertise on Data centre Architectures and solutions.
This is a full-time post-sales position on-site and remote, working as part of a wider Juniper Professional Services team.
- Work in a consultative manner with customers, sales, customer services and systems engineering to scope and deliver Professional Service projects. Typical tasks & duties will include:
- Run requirements and scoping workshops with the customer, delivery partners and sales.
- Technical lead for major network deployments and migrations. Produce design, validation, and migrations plan.
- Lead implementation and/or execution of those plans.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, and security and provide
- recommendations to customers about improvements to network configurations and topologies to prevent problems before they occur.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Juniper Networks Switching
product line, i.e. QFX,EX V& QFX products.
- Work with the internal Juniper Networks technical teams for placement of products and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
- Work closely with colleagues and customer’s personnel to help test, design, and plan for
deployments of new products and features.
- Support networks in early stages of deployment
- Formulate network management strategies
- Ensure that PS aspects of engagement follow engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the appropriate Project or Program Manager
- Act as a Professional Services project leader on larger projects, coordinating the work of a larger delivery team; act as a project manager when appropriate, owning overall responsibility for network implementation.
- Provide appropriate training (Knowledge Transfer workshops) to Juniper Networks partners and customers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customer's technical management and
- Participation in requirements gathering workshops, discussions and meetings with Customer’s Design, Test and/or Engineering Teams
- Reviewing customer provided (technical) information
- Participation in workshops, (reviews) and discussions around design, testing, validating and
implementing Juniper solutions
- Participation in (and lead if required) technology workshops
- Providing input related to ‘best practices’ in design, implementation and/or migration planning, and validation & verification testing
- Taking ownership of, or assisting with creating Assessment, High Level Design, Low Level Design.Test Plans, Implementation and Migration plans
- Providing customers with input related to recommended configurations and parameter values
for Juniper equipment
- Providing customers with technical information and documentation related to Juniper Networks products
- Assisting with hand-over to Operations or to a Juniper Networks Operational RE
- Assisting with migration planning and support to minimize impact and downtime
- Ongoing, informal, knowledge transfer on Juniper Networks Solutions & Technologies
- Advising, and demonstrating if necessary, of new software and hardware features
- Support of customer driven testing, providing technical feedback not only on the product but
also the validity of the test
- Tracking and reporting of issues found during testing, Implementation and migration
- Working with customers across different zones.
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills, this means you like talking to people...yes in
- The mature “customer first” focus so that you personally can close out operational challenges
on both sales and delivery with CSS, Sales, Partners or other Juniper players
- Strong design experience
- Commitment to delivering a remarkable customer experience
- Knowledge in VXLAN, EVPN, leaf and spine architecture.
- Good understanding of KVM and open vswitch technologies. Understanding of container
services. Experience with orchestration engines like Openstack , Kubernetes. Knowledge of
Openshift is a plus
- Some experience with at least one programming language. Python and or go is preferred since Juniper SDN software are written in them. Should be able to use programming language to write basic scripts. (eg log parsing , sending API requests, automating everyday tasks)
- Good understanding of Junos Operating system. Good troubleshooting skills on network layer
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of securing Public, Private and Hybrid clouds
- Experience in working with international companies
- Effective consultancy, planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work on multiple projects and manage customers appropriately
- Must be fluent in English language and possess excellent written and verbal communication
- International travel is a job requirement
- 5+ years’ experience in the telecommunications industry and hands on experience in Datacenter technologies.
- Juniper device experience is preferred.
Some experience with at least one programming language. Python and or go is preferred since Juniper SDN software are written in them. Should be able to use programming language to write basic scripts. (eg log parsing , sending API requests, automating everyday tasks)
Good understanding of Junos Operating system. Good troubleshooting skills on network layer.
Bachelor/Master’s of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline
Travel requirements for the position is up to 30-40%