Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Who are we?
With unrelenting focus on product innovation, a vibrant team and an exciting work culture - Wynk is a start-up within the telecom giant, Airtel. Wynk provides a digital platform to access on-the-go entertainment content across music, Live TV, Movies & TV Shows.
Launched in 2014, Wynk Music is today India’s No.1 music app with over 75 million app installs. With many industry-first innovations under its belt and strong industry partnerships in place, it is today leading the market with consistent growth in active users and engagement rates. Airtel TV (formerly known as Wynk Movies) is a TV-on-mobile proposition from Airtel with over 300 Live Channels, 6000 movies and more than 100 original shows. It is currently on a hyper growth path with an active user base of more than 10 million.
What will you do?
Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Experienced in being in a team of highly competent software engineers impacting millions of lives around you? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
As a Lead Search engineer, you will be required to work on a variety of technologies. You will interact with the entire engineering team to solve problems and build, extend, optimize and improve the search architecture of our growing product. This will involve iteratively revamping the search pipeline. Wynk has a highly engineering-driven environment where your contribution will be felt immediately. All teams at Wynk are involved in every part of our development life cycle.
Out of many search tools and technologies, we use Java, Apache Solr 6, Spring, Redis, and Python extensively for our back-end development.
- Development of the Search product for Wynk Music.
- Implementing various modules of the search pipeline like
- Query understanding including spellcheck, Entity recognition, and query expansion.
- Query execution
- Results re-ranking through LTR.
- Work on various ML/AI techniques for features like NER, NLP and LTR
- End to end delivery new features across search and Auto suggest.
- Constantly strive to improve the software development process and team productivity.
- Mentor and train team members
- Lead module development independently
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent JAVA skills, Understanding of Spring framework & MVC approach
- Deep understanding of Apache Solr internals and scoring algorithms.
- Deep understanding of Relevancy measurement and tuning algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of Python to create machine learning models for various search functions.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
- Experience in developing scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed backend services
- Strong Problem-Solving skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Eagerness to learn and implement new technologies
- Experience with prevalent design patterns & system designing
- Put your mind at ease with our health and welfare benefits, industry-competitive salary, and more.
- We make sure you stay connected with our awesome benefits like Mobile handset reimbursement, free phone and DTH connection etc.
- Enjoy life at work with regular Wynkoncerts, Tech talks by renowned leaders, parties and so on.
- Stay relaxed with facilities like free food, gym, concierge right inside the office premises.
- Keep enhancing your skills through our partnerships with leading online course providers like Coursera, and also our Educational Assistance Program.
- Stay recharged and refreshed with our Sabbatical Policy, which allows you to take some time off work and explore your passion.
- Maintain a good work life balance with Wynk’s flexi-hours policy.
Projects at Wynk
Head Of Technology - Wynk Music at Wynk Music with 11+ years of experience