Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
Are you excited about the transformative power of ecommerce in changing the landscape of grocery retail in India? Do you enjoy working with cutting edge cloud computing technologies? Here is your opportunity to join the technology team at BigBasket.com, India’s biggest online supermarket, in a significant leadership role.
BigBasket.com is seeking Principal engineers with a proven ability to build world class, massively scalable, high performance ecommerce applications.
- esign and develop core server side components for BigBasket.com consumer facing site as well as for fulfillment and inventory logistics
- rototype new ideas
Experience / Skills Required:
- B.Tech or advanced degree in Computer Science with 8-12 years of progressive industry experience
- trong experience with Python development and Django framework or NodeJS required
- Strong experience with building reusable server components
- trong experience with WebServices, XML, REST interfaces
- Strong experience with object oriented programming
- Strong experience with backend performance optimization and algorithms
- Strong experience with SQL, RDBMS, data modeling and MySQL, Oracle or other RDBMS
- Strong leadership / technology mentoring skills a must. Ability to do code and design reviews is a key part of this role.
- Experience with Microservices / Distributed event based architectures desired.
- Deep experience with Linux based development and deployment architectures.
- Experience with database query tuning.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS is a great plus
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular / React JS is a great plus
- Awareness of and experience with reactive programming is a plus
- Experience with Ecommerce/Consumer facing applications serving a large volume of users is a great plus.
- Exposure to technologies like Kafka, Redis, Spark, Kinesis, Solr, ElasticSearch etc is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL or BigData is a great plus
- Hands on Full Stack experience desired.
- Must be adept at experimenting with new technologies
- Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently and enjoy working at a fast paced start-up environment