Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
About This Opportunity
Join the Target India Data Science team, where your goal is to leverage marketing creatives, product image, streaming video, etc. data to develop and deploy innovative applications for Target’s guests. You would be working on building image recognition capabilities. Your expertise and continued learning will drive new methods for harnessing image data from Target’s rich item assortment. The applications are broad from measuring effectiveness of marketing creatives to image tagging to identifying similar items based on images for forecasting new items for improving .com search – your customers range from Marketing Creative & Content Team, Business Category Managers, Forecasting, Personalization, Search, etc.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Principal Data Scientist, you’ll
- Develop image recognition capabilities at Target India Data Science team.
- Design and build solutions to business problems pertaining to image recognition using deep learning and computer vision, machine learning, etc.
- Stay current with advancements in image recognition and determine the impact of right algorithm in the solution process
- Anticipate future business needs and identify opportunities. Frame complex business problems into well-defined and crisp computing problems that are solvable
- Gather and analyze data to solve and address these highly complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and support decision making.
- Understand inter-relationships and impacts of data and technology upon the Target environment
- Design and implements algorithms/heuristics for complex optimization problems that are capable of being high performance as data scales
- Participate in sprints and design, develop, test and deploy code as part of a CI/CD environment
- Mentor junior data scientists in the team and elevate overall competency
- Ph.D or post doc in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics
- 7+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Expert level understanding of using deep learning for computer vision with a broad understanding of methods
- Experience in successfully applying deep learning and other machine learning methods to real-world problems
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Strong software development experience in at least one language such as Scala, Python, or R
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Experience designing algorithms on Hadoop ecosystem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Projects at Target