Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
About Bain and Company
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world’s business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, information technology, organization, private equity, digital transformation and strategy, and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 57 offices in 36 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector
- Be a key leader of Bain’s rapidly expanding advanced analytics capability area. This position will be part of the Advanced Analytics Group (Bain’s team of data science, engineering, marketing science, operations research and primary research experts).
- Responsibilities will include establishing and leading an Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence in Bangalore
- This will include helping formulate and driving our evolving strategy on how to best support our clients on advanced analytics and primary research initiatives
- It will involve helping to design and drive the strategy to attract and retain best of class analytic talent and ensuring a strong connection with the global Advanced Analytics team
- The person in this role will need to:
- Build a world-class team of analytic and primary research experts
- Determine the most effective way for Bangalore team to support our client’s needs
- Collaborate with the Advanced Analytics Group Leadership team and India Partner Group
- Communicate effectively with analytics/data experts as well as business managers to assess opportunities and develop data driven solutions for Bain clients across a variety of sectors;
- Help develop Advanced Analytics Intellectual Property and identify areas of new opportunity for data science and analytics for Bain and its clients
- Manage, coach and motivate team members
- This position will be located in Bangalore
Responsibilities & Duties
- Build a world class team of advanced analytics and primary research experts that supports Bain’s global client initiatives
- Determine the optimal mix of types of support from the Bangalore CoE and build the team and skillsets to support that work
- Develop an environment that reflects Bain’s culture and is considered a Great Place to Work
- Coach and mentor team members
- Establish processes to manage a rapidly growing team
- Develop relationships with Bain’s Advanced Analytics Group and Technology and Analytics Group Leadership teams
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to Bain’s consulting staff to support and expand the use of advanced analytics.
- Keep abreast of new and current data science techniques and technologies
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics or Information Sciences such as business analytics or informatics.
- 10+ years experience in an analytics related position, including 2+ years leading a team.
- Strong analytical skills, with understanding of both data science and marketing science
- Hands-on experience with Python and/or R, Alteryx and Tableau
- Track record of leading and collaborating on strategic initiatives
- Excellent team and business communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels and with multi-office/region teams
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and people simultaneously
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work independently
- Strategic consulting experience a plus
- Excellent English skills