Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
ThoughtWorks is hunting for Lead Technologists who really know how to influence and take total responsibility on client engagements. We are company that is synonymous with innovation in the delivery of complex software. We are company that is passionate about collaboration. We help our clients to reduce the risk of their projects failing. We’ve been at the forefront of innovation around Agile methods for a long time now. Whether it’s finding ways to elicit user requirements, introducing story walls, making distributed Agile a reality or introducing the concept of self-managed teams to our clients, we find ways to help technology deliver real business value. Add to this our recognition as innovators in the technical world and you’ll start to see why working here is refreshingly different.
Here’s what you will bring:
- Experience leading and inspiring software development teams
- Minimum 12 total years of software development and infrastructure architecture experience, with at least 5 years designing and architecting enterprise web applications
- You love coding.
- Expertise in multiple technologies (including Java, Core Java, Ruby on Rails, Scala, Python, Golang, Kotlin, Clojure etc) across software engineering, security, data interchange, data management etc.
- Experience as an architect or leading and inspiring software development teams
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Significant software development and infrastructure architecture experience in designing and architecting enterprise web applications
- Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role
- Experience working with CTO/COO to create technical strategies
- Ideally experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
As a Lead Consultant, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Disrupt, Lead and Innovate.
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
- Provide Technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise, to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions
- Formulate and articulate the technical and political implication of real world solutions
- Orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met
- Drive ThoughtWorks’ Thought-Leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards
- Be an inspiration of innovation to the client
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team
- Exploit opportunities for networking and relationship building that arise out of delivery activities
- Creates and supports sales activities
- Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Code!We don’t subscribe to the “post-technical” ivory tower leadership style.An advocate for clean code and engineering practices.
There’s no typical day or engagement for our Lead Technologist. You might spend a few weeks with a new client or be full-time on a delivery project for 12 months. It’s varied and you thrive on these different challenges. Our teams work on a huge variety of projects; you could be helping a retail giant rethink their technology strategy one day and working on an app that reunites families in case of emergencies. We work sometimes on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
We employ an autonomous, self-management work culture, with very little hierarchy. This approach encourages people to take ownership and accountability and to be curious. It requires a “trust first” attitude, which supports a creative mindset and promotes innovation through disruptive thinking.
Has worked on SDLC, Unit Testing, Software Development and 15+ years of experience