Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
GBS Systems Delivery - technical delivery of GBS employees and consultants
Responsible for requirements, architecture, design, development, test and provide production support for systems supporting business initiatives. He or She will have to work closely with Project Management, Systems Requirements, Design and Development, Quality Assurance, Production Support and Client executives across various Business units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with cross-functional teams to successfully deliver on system design and development for the needed business requirements supporting various Business Units.
- Working with high level enterprise strategy and blueprints and convert into system level deliverables.
- Work across the GBS organizations including teams responsible for requirements, solution architecture, quality assurance and production support.
- Create Use Cases, Design artifacts using UML, Development according to standard Java standards.
- Ensure that appropriate unit testing utilizing JUnit is accomplished.
- Using standard frameworks like (not exhaustive and can change as new frameworks emerge and are used) Java (Spring, SpringBatch, Maven, Junit, Log4J, Hibernate, iBatis, Code coverage tools etc.), JIRA, Database (SQL, Data Modeling), SOA etc.
- Ensure that solutions are being delivered are per standards of availability, scalability and security point of view and that are done on time with highest quality.
- Ensure that standards and guidelines are created for all aspects of technology being used in the delivery.
- Ensure that all delivery artifacts are reviewed and are according to the standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that SLAs are being met for services.
- Provide support and maintenance for the services being offered to the business and the environments in which they are offered.
- Partner and collaborate with hardware, software and services vendors
- Provide strong and deep technical insights in various disciplines across delivery
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, coaching associates in various aspects including technology and adoption of technology.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, processes and best practices
- Establish and maintain competence in current and planned versions of products
- Understand the use of industry tools / technology & their impact on project & operational goals
- Assist in process improvement initiatives by working across technical teams to enhance the systems, processes and controls to ensure effective development, monitoring, and support is in place
Represent Wolters Kluwer within the industry by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiative. Communicate Wolters Kluwer competitive advantage to customers in a compelling articulate manner in speech, writing and formal presentation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, MBA or related field.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, MBA or related field.
7+ years broad Information Technology experience in:
- Experience in working with Project and Program Management, Systems Design and Delivery, Quality Assurance, Production Support and Infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience in OOAD using established methodologies and notations such as UML and design patterns to create high and detailed level architecture and design.
- Experience using standard frameworks like (not exhaustive and can change as new frameworks emerge and used) Java (Spring, SpringBatch, Maven, Junit, Log4J, Hibernate, iBatis, Code coverage tools etc.), JIRA, Database (SQL, Data Modeling), SOA etc.
- Demonstrated experience with applications servers, development tools, build tools and configuration management practices.
- Experience in working with database (utilizing any of the RDBMS like Oracle, DB2, MySQL or SQL Server) and involvement in data modeling and design of database
- Experience in SQL and performance tuning of the same
- Expertise in problem analysis and performance tuning
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively express complex technical concepts
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience including presentations to senior management, peer groups and associates
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated project management and planning skills and experience
- Strong understanding of project life cycle methodology and procedures
- Ability to conduct an analysis of business needs, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, conferring with business line leaders, documenting and making verbal and written presentations
- Demonstrated on-time and on-budget system delivery skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of organization policies and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems and application technologies
Travel required for this position
Normal office environment