Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
The PayPal Professional Services team is looking for a Global Technical Support Engineer. This position will require a technical understanding PayPal’s products as well as the ability to analyze and resolve live technical and integration issues. Technical Support Engineers are responsible for providing services to PayPal merchants, developers and internal PayPal teammates. Leadership and adaptability are a key component to this position as it will require building strong relationships across the organization.
- Work directly with PayPal customers (developers- merchants) and internal teams on post-integration (live) issues. Troubleshoot technical issues related to client code and libraries, connectivity, networking, PayPal software, hardware, etc.
- Assist with the integration and configuration of the PayPal APIs and products across multiple channels, including mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets. Share PayPal integration best practices.
- Support merchant onboarding and account configuration.
- Communicate live issues to merchants and internal stakeholders. Identify and submit PayPal defects.
- Help develop technical content (sample code, white papers, FAQs, blogs, etc.).
- Participate in the development of tools, systems and processes to improve productivity.
- Work independently and with other members to successfully drive significant projects to completion.
- Experience with shell scripting and Linux/Unix commands.
- Understanding of web technologies, including the HTTP protocol and TCP/IP.
- Understanding of firewalls and proxies.
- Experience with mobile operating systems, such as Android and iOS, is a strong plus.
- Understanding of payment processing and gateways is a plus.
- BS, BSEE, CS or other relevant technical degree.
- At least 6+ years of working experience in a Software Product Development or Technical Support role.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be open to on-call and off business hours escalations from customers, be aware and work with geographic time sensitivities when triaging your tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, work in a fast-paced environment and accomplish results through influence while meeting deadlines.
- Uses judgment and creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- Work is generally self-directed and is guided by workflow and project requirements with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed the expectations of our merchants, be customer oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to function both in a team environment and to build relationships with our valued customers.
- Skilled in Presenting, can effectively communicate in large or small group settings both in person and via online or remote communication vehicles.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills. Must be quality and detailed oriented, yet understand the level of detail appropriate for the situation.
- Business Awareness, understands current and possible future business trends and information.