Come and be part of the team which is helping shape Juniper’s vision of next generation data center and campus switching products and solutions. At the core of switching, lies the Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) software, which implements high speed packet forwarding, making use of both Juniper’s in house, as well as, third party vendor silicon.
You will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers engaged in designing, developing, sustaining PFE software for Juniper EX and QFX product lines. You will responsible for mentoring/guiding engineers for producing the best, state-of-the-art software, developing technology expertise through their work, and above all, motivating and challenging them to do their best work. This will involve activities spanning across entire development cycle of new products and features. This will also require collaborating with other Juniper groups, functions, locations for most efficient execution of the projects.
10+ years of experience as a Software Developer in a networking, L2/L3 networking or related systems area
- 3 years of minimum experience as a Software development manager
- Ability to hire, retain and develop high performance talent and teams
- Proven track record of delivering software and features for large and complex products successfully
- Ability to develop and monitor project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, able to effectively balance day-to-day activities for efficient execution with longer term vision for the team for competency building and innovation
- Ability to jump-start projects through hands-on design while building a team from scratch
- Experience in dealing with customers and partners on technical and non-technical issues
- Familiarity and hands on experience with the following areas –
- Strong in C/C++ programming, data structures
- Proficiency in L2/L3 switching and routing
- Knowledge of L2/L3 protocols, e.g. STP, Link-aggregation/LACP, LLDP, OSPF, BGP etc.
- Familiarity with Linux/FreeBSD or similar UNIX systems
- Familiarity with emerging trends in technologies, e.g., Virtualization, SDN