Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Airtel has begun its African safari in June 2010 after acquiring Kuwait based Zain Group?s operations in 15 countries in the continent. Valued at USD 10.7 billion, the acquisition created history catapulting Airtel to an exclusive global list of telecom operators. Today, with more than 456 customers on board across 16 countries, Airtel counts among the top three global operators in terms of subscribers. It is also the second largest in the African continent with more than 91 million customers.
Recent Airtel Money Network Expansion: Over 10,000 mini-shops and kiosks launched across Africa. These exclusive outlets improve the distribution network for Airtel Money and make the service more convenient and readily available to subscribers.
- End-to-end responsibility including technical architecture, timely delivery, and operational stability.
- Generate innovative ideas to increase customer traffic, improve visitor conversion and customer NPS
- Leading a team of 15+ Top notch engineers
- Ability to work on a quick, fast-paced agile environment.
- We are looking for game changers to join our Core team who has an expertise in Backend/App (Android/Ios)/Delivery space.
- An ideal candidate would have experience building large-scale distributed scalable systems. Building such a system in the context of a high traffic web application would be an added advantage. You should naturally understand fault tolerance and graceful degradation ? and what it takes to convert theory to practice.
- Good coding skills in Java/App (Android/IOS) or any other modern object-oriented languages is required.
- A broad exposure (including when to use) for few of these technologies is expected ? no SQL stores (Aerospike/Couchbase/Redis/Mongo), messaging (Kafka/rabbitMQ), Angular/React, Apache/Nginx/tomcat, databases (MySQL/Oracle).
- Good exposure in understanding the DevOps environment e.g. (Automation, CI & CD) and coordinating with operations team to drive business excellence.
- You will be working closely with product and marketing teams to deliver a successful online product.
- You should be able to break down a complex problem into chewable components for individual engineers to implement. Ensuring a strong engineering culture (sprint plans, code reviews, KPI-driven logging) is expected from this role
Working for companies like Airtel with 17+ years experience