TATA AIG Digital Business and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at TATA AIG.
In addition, the team is accountable for our Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within TATA AIG, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
The Tech Head - Digital provides senior level technical leadership responsible for end to end Strategy, Development, Security and Operations Lifecycle for TATA AIG digital assets.
This position requires a proven ability to lead large teams, use knowledge of industry/market trends and a broad technology background. The leader in this role needs to be able to anticipate, understand and steer current and future business strategy whilst building complementary technical strategy and platform roadmaps to meet business needs and empower our customer-aligned vision.
This position plays a key role in crafting the delivery of the ongoing digital transformation at TATA AIG.
- Your primary responsibilities will be to provide strategic vision & leadership to the development & operations of TATA AIG digital asset team
- Web platforms are the digital front door of TATA AIG. You will be responsible to ensure that the front door is secure as possible, bringing to bear industry knowledge and practical application of security principals
- You will need to demonstrate industry and internal business & technical knowledge to ensure the investments made to align closely to the upcoming business needs and demands. As there is a lag in the time taken to implement technical solutions, it is critical that you are able to predict market and internal trends and anticipate the needs of customers.
- You will need to ensure everything the team does is aligned to the business goals and objectives of the organization. You'll establish excellent and productive professional relationships with other leaders across the organization to ensure strong alignment of visions and strategies.
- You will lead a multi-functional team ranging from Project Managers, Engineers, Development teams, Security Analysts & Platform Operations teams, ensuring that the delivery of the roadmap & vision follows modern development and testing practices and is aligned with internal practice from other specialist teams.
- It's important that you establish and champion effective communication practices and channels to enable delivery teams to make the best informed decisions
- We need champions for the DevOps mentality to ensure the model’s success, building a culture of shared responsibility and openness leading to higher quality and quicker delivery of output. Make measurement, learning and feedback a habit for all teams that you touch.
- Embed Continuous Improvement and automation in all relevant teams and develop DevOps culture around them. Deliver on quality, customer satisfaction and budget targets.
- Develop plans for managing talent inside and outside the organization and for improving leadership bench strength. Ensuring that the talent base has the skills required to complete tasks of today and be prepared for changing business needs.
- Champion innovation. Develop and leverage resources to implement innovative ideas/processes/ products across, taking appropriate risks to achieve desired results; guide direct reports on acceptable levels of risk-taking.
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 12 years experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead. Experience leading teams of contract or colleague resources.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with growing responsibility crafting, delivering, and maintaining numerous large-scale, global systems & platforms for large-scale global organizations across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading teams of contract or colleague resources. Experience operating in a large multi skilled software development or operations team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines
- Progression through roles to a level with validated management and leadership experience
- Demonstrable experience operating in a DevOps environment.
- Demonstrable experience with Software Development Lifecycle management, including production system maintenance and operation.
- Demonstrable experience with software delivery concepts including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Continuous Delivery, Microservices, APIs, TDD, BDD.
- Industry leading experience working with: Open Source technologies, AWS Cloud Services, Complex Data Integrations / patterns, mobile technologies and related emerging technologies.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Demonstrated experience in
- Vendor negotiations with cited impacts to strategic direction and in-line production products.
- Managing financial resources and staff to meet goals across multiple projects
- Sourcing model definition and effective execution
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner & influence resources outside of the immediate span of control.
- Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with geographically distributed resources.
- Excellent skills in analysis, critical thinking and planning, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
- Proven capability handling large scale, enterprise software requirements definition, designs and implementations in a 24/7 environment