Tribe / Tech Area / CoE Purpose
Purpose The purpose of the FX Tribe is to provide Best-in-Class Foreign Exchange Services to ANZ customers by empowering staff to build World-class products
Core Role Description
As an engineer, your role is to optimise existing end-to-end customer journeys and improve the customer experience by devising new, innovative solutions, services, products or propositions. You will have an intense passion and curiosity for customers, their needs and wants, putting them at the centre of everything you do. You will readily apply and share your expertise whilst also be willing to broaden and develop your skillset
eFX KDB Analytics squad is responsible to provide technical solution on trade analytics and reporting for entire FX business.
Who are you?
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
What you bring to the Commercialisation and Change chapter
- Ensures market knowledge influences strategic directions and decisions accordingly
- Deep and honed understanding of commercial levers, customer and growth drivers
- Design change management strategies that take account of the whole end to end value chain and integrate the needs of our bankers and customers and maximise business value
- Manage complex deliveries in a highly technical and IT dependent environment across the End to End value chain of the business
- Deliver initiative milestones and “own” the impacts to ensure all changes impact customers and frontline staff in a positive way
You will also have the following specialised skills:
- Strong KDB/q skills with a thorough understanding of q internals such as tp, rdb, hdb, and tick data storage. · Knowledge of interaction between application code, operating system, and hardware.
- Solid knowledge of the UNIX/Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Experience with Java, python.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in software design methodologies, and software design patterns, and object oriented design and principles
- Development toolkits such as Jira/Crucible, BitBucket & Familiarity with continuous integration and build Tools such as Team City/Hudson / Bamboo & build tools like Maven / Gradle.
- Quality Tools: PMD, checkstyle, findbugs,Sonar
- Code coverage tools: Emma, Cobertura
Level of mastery
- Nice to have a fair knowledge of FX business domain/trade life cycle.
- Self-driven with experience in designing & building scalable applications.
- Desirable to have demonstrated experience in designing and building high frequency, low-latency FX trading systems
Further general information on our NWOW opportunities and selection approach is available on Max.