UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Director Product Development
- In this role you will work as a Head of the product development team to manage the delivery of scalable, high-performance solutions for various Products and services. Related responsibilities will include defining and developing project plans, managing and mentoring personnel, helping developers resolve technical issues, monitoring and reviewing project progress, and serving as a liaison for internal stakeholders.
- Will play a key role in strategy, goals and execution of the organization to scale and structure the development organization, processes, and delivery pipeline to support business objectives.
- Directs the activities of teams and functions responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, deployment, support, and maintenance of the Agile development projects.
- Partners with the Business, Product Management, and IT in the definition, sizing, and prioritization of initiatives, creation of the portfolio roadmap, and solution delivery
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
- Establish Technical standards and ensure Quality adherence to them for product development and company operations.
Job Profile || Key Deliverables:
- Manage Specification, design, development, and debugging of scalable and high-performance applications
- Coordinate application development projects and production issues with Product Management, Quality Engineering, and Application Support teams
- Provide technical guidance for design and development
- Spearheading technology department Initiatives
- Perform strategic analysis and provide recommendations to improve processes and/or work products for the department
- Developing annual team goals
- Establishing team metrics for success measurement
- Liaison between the team and the Sr. Leadership
- Mentoring team and assisting in design of individual goals and professional growth plans
- Assist in recruiting efforts for development as well as other teams in the Technology department
- Give performance evaluations and reviews to supervised employees
- Take ownership of product roadmap and develop product release plans in alignment with business strategy & customer needs
- Build and deliver multiple products/components in rapid iterations and with high predictability
- Drive initiatives to raise the bar on product SLAs
- Build and maintain high performance engineering teams
- Drive initiatives to raise the bar on quality of deliverables and productivity of teams
- Assist business in product launches & customer adoption
- Simultaneous successful delivery of multiple products/components on time and within budget
- Significant improvements in Product SLA metrics
- Ability to attract and retain top talent
- Drives for excellence with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Able to prioritize effectively
- Believes in process discipline
- Gets to the bottom of issues (root-cause)
- Creative problem solver
- Strong experience in technology
- Experience of product development using agile methodology
- Direction - Setting the course is a critical function of Product development. The ability to envision the future, communicate that vision, create strategy, and determine goals and priorities to allow others to make forward progressed is required for this role.
- Drive - A leader who is both personally and organizationally driven, setting standards and challenging others to attain more is necessary for this role- one who has that competitive edge to win, and the drive to set standards for performance and growth.
- Influence - The ability to clear obstacles and inspire others to action is a key in this role.
- Relationships - Building relationships with peers, team members and business partners is essential to the success in this position.
- Execution- The ability to guide the planning and mitigation of critical tasks and timelines, and align them to our overall strategy is critical.
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.E. / B.Tech (Computer Science ) from reputed college, Master’s degree preferable and minimum 15+ years of product development experience
- Strong technical skills in data structures, algorithms, system design, coding best practices, build-release procedures
- Experience with Agile software development process