Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Perfect for people who
Director, Principal Data Scientist
Sapient is looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join its Data Science practice. The role is to not only be a trusted advisor to our clients for driving the next generation innovation in applied machine learning and statistical analysis, but also a leader in advancing the group’s capabilities into the future
As part of the team, you will be responsible for leading teams that create data driven solutions that at the core are driven by relevant learning algorithms. In this role you will educate internal and external teams on conceptual models for problem solving in the machine learning realm and help translate goals and objectives into data driven solutions. You will enjoy working with some of the most diverse data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real business results on a regular basis
The role is critical in helping advance the application of machine learning as a core building block to core market offerings in eCommerce, advertising, adtech and business transformation. In addition, you will be responsible for directing analysis that informs and improves the effectiveness of the planning, execution and optimization of marketing tactics.
As an evangelist for data science, you will partner with leaders in various SapientNitro divisions, industries and geographies, in order to ensure that increasingly more solutions we bring to the market are data driven and are supported by a strong data sciences group.
Core areas of focus for this group includes applications in customer segmentations, media and advertising optimization solutions, developing recommender systems, fraud analytics, personalization systems and forecasting.
Reponsibilities (in addition to what’s listed above)
- Design and implement high performance and robust analytical models in support of product and project objectives
- Research and bring innovations to develop next generation solutions in core functional areas related to digital marketing & customer experience solution blocks - Content and Commerce , AdTech, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Campaign Management
- Provide technical thought leadership, coaching and mentorship in the field of data science in working with engineering and other cross functional teams
- Evolve the approach for the application of machine learning to existing program and project disciplines
- Design controlled experiments to measure changes to new user experience experience
- Segment customers and markets to improve targeting and messaging of product recommendations and offers
- Direct research and evaluation for open source and vendor solutions in the analytics platforms space to guide solutions
- Be responsible for solution and code quality including providing detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Help establish standards in machine learning and statistical analysis to ensure consistency in quality across projects and teams and identify relevant process efficiencies
- Assess client needs and requirements to ensure your team is adopting the appropriate approach to solve client challenges
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative or computational field. Advanced degrees preferred
- 8+ years in the field of applying methods in statistical learning in developing data driven solutions preferably in the eCommerce and Adtech domain
- Demonstrate proficiency with various approaches in regression, classification, and cluster analysis
- Must have experience in statistical programming in R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB or Python
- Expertise in one or more programming languages Python, R, Scala
- Expertise in SQL programming languages and familiarity with Hive, PIG
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting
- Excellent quantitative skills and the ability to tell a story using data
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects from conception to completion with minimal guidance
- Passionate about turning data into actionable insights
- Proven ability to perform in-depth analysis, compile and interpret results