Our Purpose and Impact
At Future Consumer, we are passionate about creating new categories, brands and products that rewrite the rules of the traditional FMCG trade in India. We are backed by the resources and reach of the country’s leading networks of modern retail and online distribution chains. This allows us to create new brands and products, learn real time from the marketplace and grow at a rapid pace in reaching out to next generation consumer needs and aspirations.
From sourcing, branding, distribution to the final act of consumption – Future Consumer acts as a catalyst for each of its stakeholders. Our vision is to share the bounty add tremendous value to natural produce so that the bounty of food is shared amongst every farmer, producer, associate, partner and the consumer.
At FCL we practice the revolutionary management concept of Holacracy. It empowers every passionate co-worker to realize the full potential of their skills, abilities and ideas. And in turn it allows the organization to pursue multiple brands, categories and initiatives at the same time by blending our experience and wisdom with the agility and spirit of a startup.
About the opportunity
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be more of a business data scientist.
- Understand business challenges and goals to formulate the approach for data analysis
and model creation that will support their business decision making
- Will play an analytical role researching, designing, implementing, and deploying fullstack scalable data analytics vision and machine learning solutions to challenge business issues
- To maintain and evolve analytics infrastructure to be used for Members of Small formats and consistently conduct research, design, implementation, and validation of cutting-edge algorithms in order to analyze diverse data sources and in order to enable desired business outcomes in diverse fronts for Small Store members
- The Data Scientist will also design, develop, and implement data management systems of analytic frameworks for the business’s data. He/She will also apply advanced statistical capabilities and deliver statistical models, for example, consumer predictive value, churn, segmentation and profiling, demand forecasting, and so forth. –
- Deliver Predictive Analytics, Data Mining and Machine Learning driven solutions for the business
- You’ll be working with a Senior Data Scientist and other business teams (Marketing, Operations, Technology) to strategize, implement and execute short term and long term ideas with predefined timelines
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Your experience in working within data science capacity within a fast paced and complex business setting, preferably working as a Data Scientist in online retail space
- Experience with building predictive statistical, behavioral or other models via machine learning, statistical analysis, and other predictive modeling techniques
- Should have exposure to Big Data platform like Hadoop, Spark, hive etc. and databases like SQL Hands-on skills in selecting and implementing the right set of tools (modeling, visualization, productionalization), technologies (programming languages such as Python, R, SAS, Java, Scala) and techniques (Parametric and Non-Parametric Regression models, Artificial Neural Networks, SVM, Random Forrest, Gradient Boosting) in the data sciences realm
- Detail-oriented, excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Excellent time-management and communication skills