About This Opportunity
Join the EDABI team, where your goal is to unlock the value of the vast treasure of data available to Target.
In this role, you will be at the forefront of AI/Machine Learning/Data Mining/Optimization, translating your knowledge of these areas into software products that impact your customer. In specific, you would be working on building an Enterprise Forecasting Engine at scale that provides accurate and timely forecast for
- first mile purchasing decisions
- middle mile inventory planning & control
- labor planning decisions
Your customers are Inventory planners/analysts, Sales & Operations team (S&OP) and DC controllers.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. You will be required to:
- Interpret problems and provide solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, machine learning, statistics, optimization tools, etc
Design large scale models to accurately forecast for items with intermittent demand
- Understand and implement Linear Models Family (Hierarchical models, Mixed models), Bayesian models, Time-series, Spatial models, etc.
- Design and implement algorithms/heuristics for complex optimization problems that are capable of being high performance as data scales
- Frame Complex Business Problems into well-defined and crisp computing problems that are solvable
- Participate in sprints and design, develop, test and deploy code as part of a CI/CD environment
- Ph.D or Postdoc in Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics
- 7+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Expert level understanding of one or more of Statistical Modeling, Time Series Analysis, Bayesian statistics, Econometric models, Hierarchical Bayesian models
- Proficient in one or more of Python, R, C, C++, Java
- Experience designing algorithms on Hadoop ecosystem
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills