Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
About Reliance Jio
Jio is the world’s second largest population of 1.2 billion. India is a young nation with 63% of its population under the age of 35 years. It has a fast growing digital audience with 800 million mobile connections and over 200 million internet users. Reliance thoroughly believes in India’s potential to lead the world with its capabilities in innovation. Towards that end, Reliance envisages creation of a digital revolution in India.
Reliance Jio aims to enable this transformation by creating not just a cutting-edge voice and broadband network, but also endowing into Artificial Intelligence, Open Source, Digital Transformation, Cloud Platform, Financial Services, Media and Entertainment etc.
Business Unit Introduction
The Center-of-Excellence in AI/ML at Reliance Jio is building a number of core, India centric AI capabilities including Speech Understanding, Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Knowledge graph, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, etc. to power the next generation of our products and services in Healthcare, Agriculture, Education, and Safety for the billion Indians. We are also building core AI platforms for all businesses across Reliance Industries including the Jio Network (Network IoT), Jio Media Services (Media Intelligence), Refineries & Manufacturing (Industrial IoT), Retail (Retail Analytics), and so on.
As a Data Scientist, a typical day might include the following
- The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources, and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and proactively
- Combining analytics, design and AI/ML frameworks to improve customer experience by understanding, tracking and predicting sequences of events and interactions, to create better outcomes for customers in a variety of data-rich industries
- Closely collaborate with the engineering and product team to ensure that the data science solutions are envisioned along with product delivery
Use predictive analytics and data mining to solve complex problems and drive business decisions
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models to optimize last-mile business processes.
- Draw relevant inferences and insights from data including, identification of trends and anomalies
This Job might be for you if
- 1-2 years of experience in application of statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, unstructured data analytics in corporate / academic research environments.
- Experience/knowledge of advanced machine learning techniques such as GBM, random forest, etc
- You will work on a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people transact.
- We are a flat organization, which means that we believe great ideas can come from anywhere and anyone.
- We believe in upping the possibilities of what technology can do in a large society.
- You will have plenty of opportunities to interact with world-class developers and in generally a bunch of very smart people you can inspire and learn from.
Required Technical Expertise
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Comp. Science, Economics, Physics, Engineering or related scientific disciplines.
- Proficiency in statistical and other tools/languages - e.g., R, SAS, Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and intermediate knowledge of SQL.
Preferred or Desired Technical Expertise
- Hands on experience in developing and delivering machine learning models that work in a production setting
- Strong data Extraction & SQL Query skills
- Hands-on experience with visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, Qlik Sense and others
Projects at Jio
Chief Data Scientist, CoE AI/ML at Jio with 18+ years of experience