Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Desired candidate profile:
The Data Scientist has to have a bachelor’s degree in Statistics/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Econometric, or any other related quantitative field.
Post Graduation degree with specific courses in Analytics/Machine Learning/ AI, etc preferred.
- The role requires a combination of business acumen, sophisticated analytical expertise, a strategic mindset, leadership skills, and a passion for discovering new data-backed insights and building new capabilities ?
- 6+ years of working experience working within data science capacity within a fastpaced and complex business setting, preferably working as a Data Scientist in online retail space e.g. Amazon / Flipkart or any other Consumer Goods company / offline retail
- Experience with building predictive statistical, behavioral or other models via machine learning, statistical analysis, and other predictive modeling techniques
- Should have exposure to Big Data platform like Hadoop, spark, hive etc. and databases like SQL Hands-on skills in selecting and implementing the right set of tools (modeling, visualization, productionalization), technologies (programming languages such as Python, R, SAS, Java, Scala) and techniques (Parametric and Non-Parametric Regression models, Artificial Neural Networks, SVM, Random Forrest, Gradient Boosting) in the data sciences realm
- Experience in creating and implementing machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, and neural networks
Theme of the Role
He/ She will research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes. The data Scientist should be able to create algorithm for demand-sensing/ pre-emptive ordering for customers, etc. going forward.
Key Deliverables :
- Understand business challenges and goals to formulate the approach for data analysis and model creation that will support their business decision making
- Solve complex business problems, interact with stakeholders & business heads and advise on roadmap and approach to setting up data sciences capabilities within the organization
- Will play an analytical role researching, designing, implementing, and deploying fullstack scalable data analytics vision and machine learning solutions to challenge business issues.
- To maintain and evolve analytics infrastructure to be used for Members of Small formats and consistently conduct research, design, implementation, and validation of cutting-edge algorithms in order to analyze diverse data sources and in order to enable desired business outcomes in diverse fronts for Small Store members
- The Data Scientist will also design, develop, and implement data management systems of analytic frameworks for the business’s data. He/She will also apply advanced statistical capabilities and deliver statistical models, for example, consumer predictive value, churn, segmentation and profiling, demand forecasting, and so forth.
- Deliver Predictive Analytics, Data Mining and Machine Learning driven solutions for the business
- Collaborate with a technology/data engineering team to transfer the business understanding, get the model product ionized and validate the output along with business users
Competencies ‘Must have’
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, statistics, and machine learning.
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling/machine learning/ data mining concepts and strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
- Accomplished in the use of statistical analysis environments such as R, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS
- Comfortable with relational databases as with Hadoop-based data mining frameworks.
- Familiar with SQL, Python, Java and C/C++.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and Microstrategy
Critical personality attributes
- Passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets
- Keen desire to solve business problems
- Finds patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data
- Passion for understanding business problems and trying to address them by leveraging data -characterized by high-volume, high dimensional from multiple sources
- Capable of working with leadership team to make a data science an integral part of business decision making
The positions reports into
Chief – Supply Chain
The Following positions report into this position
1-2 Data Analysts
Other key interfaces
Will work closely with Demand Planner, Supply Planner & Brand Entrepreneurs
The Future of the Incumbent:
Value proposition of this role for a prospective candidate
To be part of an organization which has been built on a strong foundation of working with innovative and disruptive entrepreneurs. An opportunity to play an integral role in creating the Retail 3.0 strategy a reality
Possible growth avenues for the incumbent
Vertical growth as Head of Big Data
About Future Group:
Future Group owns and markets a number of consumer brands in the food and fashion space, along with operating some of India’s most popular retail brands. These include store chains, Big Bazaar, EasyDay, Nilgiris, Heritage, Central, Brand Factory, payment wallet Future Pay, along with allied businesses in supply chain solutions and Insurance.
Over 400 million customers visits are recorded at Future Group stores every year in over 244+ cities and towns across the country. The group’s corprorate credo is, ‘Rewrite Rules, Retain Values.’
Future Group has various listed entities in its fold including Future Retail Ltd (FRL), Future Lifestyle Fashions Ltd (FLFL), Future Consumer Ltd (FCL).
Retail 3.0 strategy (Contextual Blended Commerce) is a business model that we believe will change the way retailhappens. Future Group aims to open 10,000 small format stores in next five years across the country. Driven by Data, Technology and People, these stores will be big on ‘High Tech and High Touch’. These ‘Members Only’ store with 2000 members per store will work on customer data and customer proximity. They will be connected to their customers 24/7 in Real Time mode. Future Group’s vision of building a Blended Commerce model is rapidly transforming into a game-changing reality. Retail 3.0, in all its essence, means that we are moving towards building a shopping experience which is more customer-centric, hassle-free and at the same time, blends the use of
technology in all the aspects- from walk-in to checkout. The end Goal is to automate end-to-end management of
Retail Network (from any device) in real-time informed by continuously improving Data Intelligence.