Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Role: Specialist - Data Scientist
Entity: Accenture Operations
Business Unit: Analytics-As-a-Service
About the role:
You will be a core member of Accenture Operations global data science group, an energetic, strategic, high-visibility and high-impact team, to innovate and transform the Accenture Operations business using machine learning, advanced analytics and data-driven AI. You will have the unique opportunity to be exposed to a wide diversity of exciting business problems and data and create machine learning methods and data-driven AI solutions to deliver the next-generation Accenture Operations offerings. The objectives of the team include but are not limited to:
- Conceptualizing, designing and developing innovative machine learning / data AI solutions for a wide range of Accenture Operations business towers: Finance & Accounting, Procurement, Cloud, Infrastructure, Customer Analytics, etc.,
- Integrating the outcomes as real-time analytics to elevate the Accenture’s ability to create value for clients in areas and through means not immediately apparent to clients
Data Scientists in Operations follow multiple approaches for project execution from adapting existing assets to Operations use cases, exploring third-party and open source solutions for speed to execution and for specific use cases to engaging in fundamental research to develop novel solutions. They also leverage the vast global network of Accenture to collaborate with Accenture Tech Labs, Accenture Open Innovation and Accenture Analytics for creating solutions.
Data Scientists are expected to collaborate with other data scientists, subject matter experts, sales, and delivery teams from Accenture locations around the globe to deliver strategic advanced machine learning / data-AI solutions from design to deployment.
- Job location: Bangalore
- Education: Bachelors / Masters / Ph.D. Computer science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related disciplines
- Overall 3+ years of work experience for Bachelors, 2+ years for Masters or 0-1 year for Ph.D. in relevant hands on roles handling data driven decisions
- Strong statistical programming experience - Python, R, SAS, S-plus, STATA or SPSS.
- Solid knowledge in at least one of the following – Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, Classification, Regression, Clustering, Neural Networks, Ensemble Modelling (random forest, boosted tree, etc), Multivariate Statistics, Non-parametric Methods, Reliability Models, Markov Models, Stochastic models, Bayesian Models
- Development experience working under Linux / Unix systems
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 - 3 years of data science experience
- Experience leading or collaborating with a team of data scientists in developing and delivering advanced analytics statistical models or machine learning models that work in a production setting
- Experience in multiple statistical and machine learning models, data mining, unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments
- Strong programming experience in general purpose languages (C, C++, Java, etc.)
- Familiarity with relational databases and intermediate or advanced level knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with large data sets and big data tools like Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Flink, etc.
- Ability to think creatively to solve real world business problems
- Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment
- Experience in any of the business domains: Infrastructure Services, Security, Retail, Digital Marketing, eCommerce, Health, Supply Chain, Banking, Financial Services
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
16+ years of experience and has worked on Pre-sales, Cloud Computing, E Commerce