Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
Data and Innovation is the heart of how Airtel has become the Leader in the Telecom space in India. You will be a part of Airtel?s data engineering team, who design and build the massive-scale distributed data platforms, recommendation and search technologies, and analytical tools on which all of Airtel?s applications depend.
As Engineering Manager for the Data Engineering team, you will join a group that is passionate about building a data-intensive transactional platform to power Airtel?s global businesses.. You will be strategically placed to lead our journey to cloud-native streaming data, real-time processing, and a data lake platform that scales. Build a team that welcomes new ideas, explores the latest technologies, collaborates to ship quality code early and often, and takes responsibility for the success of their products. With your experience, technical skillset, and passion for coaching and motivating others, the potential impact of your work is huge.
- Architect and build scalable pipelines for data analysis and transformation
- Designing platforms as consumable data services
- Build, mentor, and lead a diverse high-performance team of Software Engineers
- Come up with efficient, modular and scalable solutions for business and technical problems
- Architect and build near real-time (low latency) infrastructure for segmentation, personalized recommendations, reporting etc.
- Build and execute data mining and modeling activities using agile development techniques
- Leading big data projects successfully from scratch to production
- Appreciate and understand the cloud delivery model and how that affects application solutions ? both delivery and deployment
- Solve problems in robust and creative ways and demonstrate solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Handle 60-70 TBs of data volume daily Telecom/Digital/Network platform
- Extract and consume data from our live systems to analyze and produce robust 99.999% SLA Big-data environment
- The incumbent will be in the driving seat for innovation and delivery in various exciting tech opportunities, from powering business analytics pipelines to machine learning applications.?
- Ensuring that all features embody engineering best practices, efficient, scalable architecture, elegant design and high-quality implementation
- Leading Design, Code reviews to ensure consistently high level of design and implementation
- Strong DevOps mindset, Livesite focus, and operational excellence
- Architect and build mature service capabilities (telemetry & monitoring, self-healing and self-service, scalability etc.)
- B.E / B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech / M.S in Computer Science or software engineering from a premier institute
- Overall 10+ years of hands-on development experience designing and building enterprise scale line of business solutions and data warehouses/ enterprise data lakes
- Working experience in Hadoop, Azure Data lake or equivalent big data technologies.
- Experience in developing scalable solutions for data discovery, analysis, and present Develop metadata driven data collection, integration, and organization services.
- Well versed with big data design/implementation design/architecture patterns.
- Strong knowledge in Data transfer/sync frameworks, reporting frameworks, Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on very large-scale enterprise systems.
- Knowledge and experience in data warehousing, data processing (ETL), e-metrics/measurement, business intelligence, information retrieval, parallel and distributed computation
- Experience of programming in?Scala?with good understanding of?Spark platform.
- Experience in managing data teams working in an operational business analytics environment
- Extensive knowledge in at least one of the programming or scripting languages like?Java, Scala, Python
- Good hands-on in big data infrastructure, distributed systems, dimensional modeling, query processing and relational databases
- Should have extensive experience with capturing, managing and processing?Big Data?(terabytes of data present in web logs, documents, meta apis);
- Excellent communication & analytical skills
- Fluent with?Hadoop/Pig/Hive/Storm/SQL databases
- Good to have knowledge: ?NoSQL solutions like Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB,?Postgres, Kafka, Redis, ElasticSearch, Spark Streaming?or you really want to learn about them
- Should value simple solutions and write concise code to enable platform-based approach
Has previously worked with companies like Infosys, NTT Data and currently working at Airtel