Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
Myntra.com is a one stop shop for all your fashion and lifestyle needs. Being India’s largest online store for fashion and lifestyle products, Myntra.com aims at providing a hassle free and enjoyable shopping experience to shoppers across the country with the widest range of brands and products on offer. The brand is making a conscious effort to bring the power of fashion to shoppers with an array of the latest and trendiest products available in the country.
Myntra.com‘s value proposition revolves around giving consumers the power and ease of purchasing fashion and lifestyle products online. Offerings such as the largest in-season product catalogue, Cash on Delivery, EMI facility and 30 day Returns / Exchange policy make Myntra.com, the preferred shopping destination in the country. To make online shopping easier for you, a dedicated customer connect team is on standby to assist you 24x7.
Myntra.com understands its shoppers’ needs and caters to them with choice of apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear from over 600 leading Indian and international brands. Prominent brands include Adidas, Nike, Puma, United Colors of Benetton, FCUK, Timberland, CAT, FabIndia, Biba, Steve Madden and Catwalk to name a few. You can also shop from some recently introduced labels such as - Roadster, Mast & Harbour, Dressberry, Anouk and Kook N Keech.
- Awarded ‘Fashion eRetailer of the Year 2013’ by Franchise India ? Indian eRetail Awards
- Awarded ‘Best E-commerce Website for 2012’ by IAMAI ? India Digital Awards
- Awarded ‘Images Most Admired Retailer of the Year: Non?Store Retail’ for 2012 by Images Group
- CNBC - TV18 Young Turks Award as one of the ?Hottest Internet Companies of the Year 2011-12?
- Awarded ‘Best E-commerce Partner of the year 2011-12 & 12-13’ by Puma India
- Why data is important in modern context and to Myntra?
Business Unit and role overview
We are a part of Retail business unit trying to leverage data sciences to be better at e-tailing. It involves trying to understand the buying as well as the selling process and continuously influence it with newer ideas and experimentations thereby adding value in the retailing process. The role would be primarily to build systems and perform tasks aiding these activities. It could range from implementing the recommendation algorithm, to writing scalable and performant web services, to writing map reduce jobs, to building PoC for business, to experiment with various NoSQL stores and much more.
Data has become the new currency in the modern day businesses and we are seeing the emergence of new businesses solely built on data. Organisations world over are realising the potential that their in-house data holds and are increasingly using it in quite creative ways to unlock hidden opportunities. “Data drives decisions” is one of Myntra’s core value and is a reflection of how dearly we value data in taking decisions across the organisation.
Why is data challenging and how would I contribute?
- There are two fundamental challenges that needs to be dealt. Quantity being the primary issues wherein more and more data is getting created on a daily basis and quality being the other. Data engineers come handy here helping out in achieving complex data transformations, merging structured data with unstructured, discovering patterns, creating analyst friendly views, exposing data as services and much more.
What makes this opportunity unique?
- We are a motivated and small team discovering patterns in data and applying to fashion e-commerce to significantly enhance the user experience. Myntra is growing very fast and we need to build scalable and best of the breed engineering systems. Some qualities we are looking for - quick learner, able to work with ambiguous problem statement, ability to come up with clean software designs, code and solutions.
Data Engineer Job Description:
The Data Science team at Myntra is looking for a Big Data Engineer to build data management and analysis solutions that will address increasingly complex business questions. The Data Engineer will be a hands-on person responsible for designing, prototyping and implementing solutions that support a wide variety of data processing, data science and analytics needs. In this role, the candidate will also collaborate with Business Analysts, Big data platform team to ensure that requirements for integration, security, data quality and cross functional usage are addressed. Additionally, she/he must follow and contribute to standards for enterprise data models.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and integrate robust data processing pipelines for enterprise-level business analytics.
- Help architect data processing pipelines on Big Data system. Have an ability to identify backend source pipe issues, and collaborate with Tech Engineering to fix these issues.
- Strong engineering mindset - build automated monitoring, alerting, self healing (restartability/graceful failures) features while building the consumption pipelines
- Understand the business domain to create reusable cross functional data assets
- Own the creation, accuracy and quality of consumption pipelines.
- Work closely with Tech Engineering and Product teams to integrate BI solutions and algorithms into the Big Data Platform.
- Help resolve data issues, troubleshoot system problems and as needed, assist other staff with reporting, debugging data accuracy issues and other related functions.
- Build front-end visualization using available BI tools in line with business requirements.
Desired Competencies and Skillsets include:
- At least 3 years? experience with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field required.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant software development experience with sound fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in Java, JS, Python, HTML, SQL
- Must have proven experience with Hadoop/ Mapreduce, Hive Pig scripting.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of performance tuning/optimizing mapreduce jobs, debugging time consuming jobs.
- Must have experience of using some distributed processing framework like Storm, Spark, Kafka etc
- Must have experience working with NOSQL databases like HBase, Hive, MongoDB
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Evaluate and test new technologies as candidates to improve existing software and systems.
Projects at Myntra
3+ years of experience and has worked on Matlab, Programming, Wireless Communications Systems