Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
- Develop/maintain HomeLane’s data pipeline architecture, including integration of data sets from varied structured an non-structured sources of data, including technology solutions from HomeLane and third parties.
- Build tools to generate business insights for customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Build and maintain infrastructure for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Define processes for automation, data delivery and infrastructure for scalable operation.
- Keep HomeLane’s data secure at all times.
- Conduct root cause analysis on any aspect of data platform and provide necessary support to stakeholders.
- Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Expertise in SQL query authoring (SQL) as well as proficiency with other types of databases (NoSQL, such as MongoDB).
- Strong analytic skills to work with unstructured datasets.
- Expertise in manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Core knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
Launched in 2014, Homelane is a technology-driven solution provider for personalized home
interiors, with focus on predictability and quality of the products and services delivered. HomeLane is headquartered in Bangalore, with over 2500+ homes served successfully across Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai and NCR. An uncompromising focus on technology, coupled with the most accomplished designers/architects in the country, has enabled us to address the unpredictability you would otherwise experience with local carpenters or interior designers/vendors.
At HomeLane, we give you a 100% transparent costing and deliver we deliver with a 45-day
guarantee, making this process entirely stress-free in terms of costs, timelines and quality.
Right from the early stages of inception, it has been clear to us that we needed to have a strong
foundation in engineering to achieve the scale and seamless integration across diverse operations
such as design, visualization, pricing, manufacturing, installation and delivery. Today, HomeLane
prides itself in its strong base of technology innovations that form the DNA of organization.
We are building a disruptive platform that is set to revolutionize the way the home interior industry
functions. This is fuelled by HomeLane’s technology team that spans across full stack web app
design, Real time 3D graphics programming, linear programming & optimization algorithms, scalable workflow realization, high fidelity database management an devops automation. Further, we use AI-driven enhancements to the software solutions based on business insights and customer
Engineers at HomeLane get to experience an accelerated growth and learning curve, getting to work on cutting edge technology that directly fuels business growth. They solve hitherto unsolved
problems in the domain via a combination of scalable architectures, software technologies and
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-4 years of experience as a data engineer for a product company.
- A Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another equivalent experience from a Tier 1 college.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, expand and optimize features of HomeLane’s unified data platform
- Implement/integrate workflows for data collection, data processing, data modelling and data visualization
- Optimize data flow and collection for cross functional teams and technology products
- Passion to build data systems from the ground up
- Collaborate with software developers, database architects and data analysts on data initiatives
- Ensure optimal data delivery architecture across ongoing projects and technology products
- Analyze any new/alternate technologies to improve data platform performance and tools
- Monitor KPIs for all software deployed in the field and present solutions towards continuous improvements
- Present/publish his technical expertise/insights on internal/external forums and publications to boost HomeLane’s tech branding