Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
As a Manager in Data Engineering, you are responsible for analysis and execution of data strategy for clients. Your role is focused on current state analysis, future state definition and delivery of solutions involving:
- Data Integration, Governance & Wrangling
- Data Storage and Computation Frameworks, Performance Optimizations
- Analytics & Visualizations
- Infrastructure & Cloud Computing
- Data Management Platforms
The role requires a hands-on technologist with experience in Big data, Hadoop, databases, MDM and reporting to lead solution discussions in the areas of marketing and technology.
As data engineering practitioner, you should have an understanding of build vs. buy, performance considerations, hosting, business intelligence, reporting & analytics. Ideally you have experience in integrating data with marketing scenarios like segmentation, targeting, consumer 360 view, etc. but this is not mandatory.
- Defining technical and business requirements for data related functionality and platform and convert the requirements into functional and logical architecture.
- Hands-on implementation in the areas of data techniques including data access, integration, modeling, visualization, mining, design and implementation
- Must have experience in designing and architecting large scale distributed data management & analytics applications
- Work in a globally distributed team to deliver high quality solutions. Manage functional & nonfunctional scope and quality.
- Contribute to building standard data practices like governance and address other nonfunctional issues like data security, privacy and quality
- ontribute to building best practice like standards and guidelines for design & development, deployment, support and analytics and mining
- Contribute to building best practice in acquiring, storing and analyzing structured, semistructured and un-structured data from the enterprise and outside like social
- Come up with analytics solutions based on the business goals and appropriate data visualization to support the goals
- Manage and provide technical leadership to large data programs or multiple programs implementation based on the requirement using agile technologies
- Define solutions for key transformational programs like customer 360-degree view for the clients
- Thorough understanding of Solution architecting & Estimation process
- Create solution options and lead pros & cons discussions with clients
- 8+ years of experience within the field of data engineering
- Excellent understanding of common data technologies
- Experienced in in Hadoop eco-system with one or more distribution like Cloudera and Horton Works
- Experienced in computation frameworks like Spark, Storm, Flink using Java/Scala
- Experienced in working on Big Data application development in cloud environment using either AWS, Azure or Google cloud platform
- Well versed with streaming data processing using Kafka, Spark Streaming, Storm etc.
- Well versed with pros and cons of various database technologies like Relational, NO SQL, MPP, Columnar databases
- Well versed with Software as a service, Platform as a service and Infrastructure as a service concept
- Experienced in multi-dimensional modeling like start schema, snowflakes, normalized and denormalized models
- Experienced in one or more ETL, BI, Analytics and advanced visualization technologies
- Knowledge in cloud and social media technologies and integrations
- Experienced in master data management and building customer 360 degree views
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills verbal, written and visual presentations
- Strong coordination and negotiation skills
- Multi geo experience and distributed delivery experience in large programs
- Business Knowledge: Data driven marketing experience would be a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Articulation skills
- Good team player
- Self-starter who requires minimal oversight
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Process orientation and the ability to define and set up processes
- 8-12 Years
PROJECTS THIS ROLE WILL SUPPORT:
The role is expected to support in the domain of Digital Transformation engagements which requires client applications to provide their consumers with enhanced experience by transforming the digital capabilities. The clients are not from any specific industry though few have been listed to provide the perspective.
- Retail: The industry is focusing on improving sales and transitioning towards online market places. They also are looking out to build solutions to understand consumers better, design models and predict consumer likes / dislikes
- BFSI: Clients are looking digital transformation by taking almost all services online unless regulatory restrictions come in the way
- Travel and Hospitality: There is a lot of disruption happening in the domain as the market if quite competitive and the competition is cut throat. Topics such as in-venue experience, hyper personalization, mobility are driving lot of innovation
- Automobile: The industry is adopting transformation in both consumer and dealer’s digital enablement
- Healthcare: Exploring fresh ways to build patient data and derive insights. Build platforms to have real time tracking of patient’s health by consolidating data from multiple sources and devices and offer personalized medicines and treatments
- Telecom: The industry is on cusp of a tipping point moving from pure play voice services to data driven offerings. Telecom players are focusing on modernizing operations, digitizing services, network upgrades and redefining their strategic identity.
- Technology: Defining the future with digital transformation initiatives. Cloud Computing; IOT; Blockchain & AI are the current focus areas.
- Manufacturing: Currently in a world of uneasiness. The industry is innovating on adapting technology to run supply chains & operations, monetizing digitization, and leveraging data & analytics
- FMCG & CPG: Looking at cost cutting measures across all the operations. Strategizing with a more global outlook and looking at introducing products more aligned with consumer mindset
- Entertainment & Media: Industry moving towards a content oriented experience available across multiple distribution channels. User insights and newer content requires robust data solutions.
- Logistics & Shipping: Must explore newer technologies (robotics, real time delivery, self-driving vehicles & automated warehouses) and solutions to cater to consumer need and enhanced demands
- Insurance: Changing business and operating models. Enterprise Innovation Models redefining ways in why insurers collect information about consumers, discover coverage needs, identify target markets, integrate consumer data and rapidly respond to regulatory changes and compliance
- Education: The industry is automation a lot of paper workflows and taking them online along with providing enhanced user experience to attract the prospective customers
- Marketing: Increased focus on consumer experience. Build customer centric models and gather behavioural data about consumers to deliver personalized content
- Infrastructure & Real Estate: A fundamental shift in the consumer market – focus on environmental, social and financial concerns. Understanding consumer behavior is key to planning this year. Impact of data and analytics will begin to emerge, helping improve capacity planning and operational cost reduction.
- Energy & Utilities: Emerging energy services are threatening incumbents. Innovations in current technologies and exploring service based models.
PROJECTS THIS ROLE WILL SUPPORT:
The role expects that the individual has decided to consider Data Engineering and its related technologies as the key skill.
The individual can morph the career in following directions:
- Data Integration Architect
- Big Data Architect
- No SQL Expert
- Cloud Computing expert
- BI & Visualization Consulting / Architect
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession – combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness – enables us to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com