Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
About the team.
The Maps team builds the systems and services that provide the geospatial backbone of Uber’s functionality. Our group’s systems mediate our users’ digital connection to their physical world through traffic modelling, travel time estimation, geospatial search, hotspot computation, and map display and navigation.
We are looking for a high performing Product Analyst to make significant contributions to our mission. All Maps Product Analysts work closely with Product, Data Science, Engineering on fast moving, high-stake problems. A deep analytical passion to learn and ability to execute on key business priorities is a must.
Influencing decisions with data is the core mission of the Maps Product Analyst. An analyst is responsible for collaborating with various teams to optimize our marketplaces.
What You’ll Do
- Incorporate User Experience: Deeply understand what matters most to customers and use these insights to optimize the user experience
- Champion for Data: Improve data access and integrity through building and maintaining effective dashboards and collaborating with Engineering to improve data accuracy and reliability
- Manage Stakeholders: Create effective working relationships with stakeholders by managing objectives and expectations and ensure we make data-driven decisions regarding product
- Explore Data: Proactively explore quantitative and qualitative data to identify product opportunities and discover product insights
- Define Metrics: Develop key success metrics critical for evaluating product success from a business and user perspective
- Experiment: Conduct experiments (e.g., A/B and switchbacks) to evaluate the impact of new product features
- Solve Problems: Tackle problems in creative and logical ways and consistently brainstorm alternative solutions
- Distil Complicated Information: Translate complicated models and algorithms for non-data-savvy stakeholders and tell compelling, concise stories with data
- Drive Insights Through Data: Provide insights and actionable recommendations for business stakeholders based on deep analysis and alignment with business goals
- Connect Science with Business: Prioritize problems using business intuition and approach solutions with deep scientific rigor
- Collaborate Cross-functionally: Partner and collaborate with teams across the organization to remove roadblocks and unlock new opportunities
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline such as Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 3-6 years relevant experience in product or data analytics
- Experience defining user-experience and business metrics
- Proficiency with SQL or a scripting language such as R or Python
- Experience using experimentation to analyze the impact of new features (e.g., A/Bs, multi-variate testing, switchbacks, casual impact, etc)
- Experience working with large / diverse data sets
- Experience telling stories with data to both technical and non-technical audiences and creating clear and compelling visualizations to convey complex data
- Experience managing stakeholders including strong communication and presentation skills
Nice to Have
- Experience in product strategy and development
- Experience working with a two-sided Marketplace
- Strong coding skills (e.g., R, Python)
- Strong statistics, economics, engineering, or mathematics background
- Experience with data pipeline management
Data Science Lead, Uber Bangalore R&D at Uber with 11+ years of experience