About the Position:
The Software Build Infrastructure engineer role will be an integral part of a large team
developing next generation development software for Juniper’s core operating system. Core responsibilities include architecting the next generation build infrastructure to support new development environment. The job also requires designing and developing tools for establishing stable and efficient development environment and release process for scalable application deployment. The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of build infrastructure and build systems
- Very good understanding of Makefile / GNU make
- Good understanding of the build systems like Electric Accelerator, Jenkins
- Must have good understanding of how source code is structured and built.
- Strong programming knowledge of C/C++/packaging is a plus
- Expertise in Scripting in shell, python, perl and expect
- Expertise in rpmbuild and exposure to Yocto/Windriver Linux
- Knowledge of Source Control systems like SVN, GIT and CVS is an added advantage
- Excellent problem solving skills and good logical thinking.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with large groups of engineers worldwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement tools and processes required to establish release engineering requirements.
- Support the engineering organization with day-to-day operations.
- Design and develop automated tools for process efficiency
- Be flexible and prepared to work closely with development teams clearly communicating the status of the tasks.