Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
Intuit is a leading software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers, financial institutions and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, but that’s just the start. We recently acquired Mint.com, and we’re taking on exciting challenges, such as SaaS and mobile applications. Over 50 million users, seven million small businesses and 1,600 financial institutions depend on Intuit because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Join us and let your ingenious ideas be heard.
Come join Intuit as part of the Central Technology Organization (CTO) team as an Architect. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
Our Architects have a passion to deliver a software platform that unleashes contribution and innovation across Intuit’s development teams. Architects have responsibility for the overall quality of one or more coherent bodies of technology (architectures) created and maintained by a team of engineers and are responsible for providing overall technical leadership to these teams. Quality of the technology is a function of how well the technology supports near term and long term business objectives. Architects are expected to be the technical leader of various engineering efforts but do not have direct management responsibilities.
- Document and communicate architectural requirements across a broad collection of technologies (Architectures), aligned to business strategies
- Document and communicate architectural designs at various levels of abstraction encompassing the basic missions of and relationships between those Architectures.
- Provide recommendations on various approaches to solving technical problems (Intuit wide and project level) with corresponding business impacts (costs, near /long business impact)
- Leading cross-company or project level technology evaluations – driving decisions on buy, build, partner or open source by building prototypes where necessary.
- New product ideas/innovations, patent proposals, and recommendations on new and emerging technologies and process improvements.
- Set and maintain a high bar for technical and operational excellence of all the services and capabilities under purview.
- Presentations for communicating any of the above
- Internal and external conference presentations, whitepaper submissions
- 14+ years of experience working with remote US based product development teams. Past working experience in USA preferred.
Qualifications and Technical/Functional Skills:
- Strong business acumen, comfortably moves between varying levels of abstraction from business and product strategies though varying levels of technical design and implementation
- Clearly documents and communicates objectives, requirements, and designs at these different levels of abstraction to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Works with other architects and development teams to make sure technology meets their needs both short and long term
- Quickly and reasonably estimates capital, schedule and human resource costs of proposed objectives. Compares, contrasts, and prioritizes among alternative approaches to meet those objectives while assessing risk both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Uses seasoned judgment to suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities.
- Designs complex systems at the component level, makes strategic technology choices, and directly supervises the quality of designs and implementation inside and between components. Is hands-on and builds prototypes to prove out complex designs or new technologies.
- BS with advanced degree preferred (e.g. MS in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical engineering)
- 12+ years of experience designing and building Internet applications, with real world experience delivering these applications at scale
- Significant experience in Java (5-8+ years) and Micro services development (3-5+ years)
- Well versed in security best practices related to customer facing Internet applications / services
- Experienced in the use of open source technologies such as Apache, Tomcat, Mule, ActiveMQ, Spring, SpringBoot, …
- Expertise with relational database, AWS services, financial applications is a plus
- Effective facilitative leadership skills to drive shared vision on requirements, technology solutions across a broad spectrum of product development teams
- Effective at influencing and collaborating with development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality (near term / long term balance) on owned architecture(s).
- Collaborates effectively with peer architects and chief architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas and resolves technological disagreement with informed, rational debate.
- Influences and communicates effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management.
- Arbitrates disagreements among engineers and make decisions where needed without damaging relationships.
- Provides thought leadership on industry trends
17+ years of experience and has worked on Java, Debugging, Machine Learning