Sign up to join belong
It’s ok, we all forget!
Finding a job you love made easy
Reset password in 3 steps
360+ Companies we work with
Facing any problems?
This will reach hiring team soon
Withdraw your application within 24 hrs.
Click here to apply again.
Perfect for people who
Senior Applied Scientist, Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) Platform
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive
discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Moderation Automation and Relevance Systems (MARS) team, focuses on increasing shopper
trust by enforcing ad policies for all of Amazon’s self-service ad formats and by ongoing relevance
measurement. The team builds cutting edge high precision machine learning algorithms and engineering solutions for both human and machine moderation, thus enabling our business to scale
without compromising on quality.
We are looking for a highly motivated, top notch senior scientist to lead new ML Model development
from the ground up and extend/tune existing ones. A successful candidate will have demonstrated
experience in at least some of the following areas: large scale computational Advertising domain,
machine learning (extreme class skew classification), DL model training/tuning/extending and
algorithm development, building and scaling very large ML and data/feature processing pipelines(a
big plus) using distributed computing technologies such as Map/Reduce, AWS etc.
As an experienced member of the team, in this role, you will:
- Lead/Contribute to evolving ML direction of MARS Systems and play a critical role their design and development
- You will research, design and code, troubleshoot and support. What you create is also what you own.
- Guide the next generation of automation for monitoring and measuring Ad Quality, with associated user interfaces.
- Have the satisfaction of seeing your work impact hundreds of millions of Amazon customers and thousands of Amazon Sellers and merchants in several countries.
- Be able to broaden your technical skills and work in an environment that thrives on creativity, efficient execution, and product innovation.
MARS team protects the customer experience and is a critical component of our Advertising business success. One of the earliest teams to be established in Amazon Bangalore. MARS has both Operations and Development teams in Bangalore and Delhi supporting multiple ad programs in markets around the world.
- Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in computer science or related discipline with Majors in ML with 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- 4+ years of experience in large scale ML model development with full product life-cycles
- Top notch coding skills in Python or Java coupled with strong base in Statistical and Analytical theory and techniques
- Strong proven ability in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable production class ML systems
- Proficiency with at least one of these scripting languages: Perl / Python / Ruby / shell script
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems
- Phd or MS with majors courses in ML
- 2 + years experience in solving large scale Advertising or E-Commerce ML problems with significant end customer impact